TMR core names

G

ge

dear sir,

i have a problem with mk5 core names. the problem is core S becomes core R. i mean both core they have same name R.

please can you help me to solve this problem

best regards

<b>What happened prior to <S> becoming <R>?</b>

What was being done to cause <S>'s Voter ID to change? Did someone take the DCC (or SDCC) from <R> and put it into <S>?

Did someone take a DCC (or SDCC card) from the spare cards inventory and put it into <S> and the Voter ID came up as <R>?

Did you purchase a DCC/SDCC from some source, put it in <S> and the Voter ID came up as <R>?

Was someone pushing buttons on the LCC/SLCC card without understanding what they were doing?

Did someone use a U9 chip from another DCC/SDCC card on the DCC/SDCC card in <S> and the Voter ID came up as <R>?

Somewhere in the Mark V Maintenance Manual, GEH-5980, there is a section that talks about how to set the Voter ID of a control processor in the Mark V turbine control panel. It involves pushing a couple of buttons on the LCC/SLCC keypad to get to a "menu", using the INC button to scroll to the 'Voter ID' function and then press ENTER (if I recall correctly). Then one needs to press the key with the proper Voter ID letter on it (S in this case), and then press ENTER again. If I recall correctly, the programmer made the display read "OK FINE" if the selection was accepted. Then, it's necessary to perform a hard re-boot of the control processor (from the <PD> core) to get the new Voter ID to become effective.

If and when you post again with a new problem, "ge", provide more information about how the problem came to be. These posts are read by many people, and the more information we can provide the more help we can be to many other people.

And, don't forget to write back and let us know if you were successful with this effort. "Feedback is the most important contribution!"(c) here at control.com as it lets everyone know if the information provided was helpful or not. So, if you can a few minutes to write a question to get some help, please take a couple of minutes to let us know if the information was helpful--or not. And if it's not, we'll work on a different solution if we can.