Triconex TCM module life time

Serge84...
Welcome to Control Automation!
Q1. Were the 3 units monitoring the same function. For example... Flow, Temp, Level?
Regards, Phil Corso
All TCM4351B installed in the same rack configuration in the same wellpads and all of them are monitoring Fire&gas transmitters.
Q2. Do you know the hours of operation?
No, I dont know. But all of F&G cabinets were switched on in 2014 and in operation since then. Is there a possibility to check exact hours of operation in tristation software?

Serge
There is the question of Possibility vs Probability! That is... anything is possible, but simultaneous (all at same time) lifetime failure is improbable!
Q3. How many other TCM4351B cards, having an F&G function, are installed?
Phil Corso

Serge
There is the question of Possibility vs Probability! That is... anything is possible, but simultaneous (all at same time) lifetime failure is improbable!
Q3. How many other TCM4351B cards, having an F&G function, are installed?
Phil Corso
Actually it is not happening simultaneous: 1-2 TCM failes every month. Totally we have 60 TCM installed and already 10 has failed. I would have thought that this was due to hydrogen sulfide in the air, but why only TCM failed, no any AI/DI/DO modules has failed...

Attachments

Serg....
Based on your latest data, and lacking TCM ( in rack) ) temperature measurements, my opinion is you have an End-of-Life situation! What has Triconex concluded!
Phil