Vaccum pump, rotary vane

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place for my question - please correct if not, but I do not see any better category.

I've just bought a rotary vane vacuum pump (used, industry stuff Busch 0040 E501) and I want to make maintenance before I start to use it. There is one suspicious thing, do not know if this is right or not. If you open the exhaust filter which is supposed to remove oil from the exhaust, there is quite a bit of oil constantly dropping back to the housing - please see the video - is this normal behaviour? I have no previous experience with such pumps, so sorry for the silly question :(

Busch 0040 oil in exhaust

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place for my question - please correct if not, but I do not see any better category.

I've just bought a rotary vane vacuum pump (used, industry stuff Busch 0040 E501) and I want to make maintenance before I start to use it. There is one suspicious thing, do not know if this is right or not. If you open the exhaust filter which is supposed to remove oil from the exhaust, there is quite a bit of oil constantly dropping back to the housing - please see the video - is this normal behaviour? I have no previous experience with such pumps, so sorry for the silly question :(

Busch 0040 oil in exhaust
Any update?