What is Dew point.

Hmmm, The answer to that would require more context. And there are many types of desalination plants (evaporative; reverse osmosis; etc.).

Have you tried looking at the plant Operations Manuals?

Have you tried using your preferred World Wide Web search engine to search for information on the type of desalination plant you are working at, or are considering trying to work at, or are studying in school?

Hmmm, The answer to that would require more context. And there are many types of desalination plants (evaporative; reverse osmosis; etc.).

Have you tried looking at the plant Operations Manuals?

Have you tried using your preferred World Wide Web search engine to search for information on the type of desalination plant you are working at, or are considering trying to work at, or are studying in school?
It's an reverse osmosis plant,it was an interview question even though i didn't get the job that was one of the ice breaker question.

Ah; almost exactly what I thought. I wonder if there's some kind of evaporator/condenser in the plant. I once worked on a triple-effect, tube-nest, low pressure evaporator system, and we found we could increase efficiency and throughput by maintaining a certain range of temperatures that corresponded to the different pressures in the evaporator chambers (which were related to the dew point temperatures in the three chambers). That was over 40 years ago, on equipment that was 40 years old at the time. But, the instructions were excellent, once we found--and read--them!

We actually get a number of these types of post-interview questions..