wireless proportional hvac control

B

Bruce Payton

I need to find a wireless control system for the control of a multizone air handler which has dampers that mix hot and cold air for modulated temperature control. I need several zone thermostats and controller(s) with a modulated output for damper motors that will have to maintain a precise position for accurate temperature control. The damper motors need to be powerful enough to drive the dampers in a 60 ton air handler that has a 10 h.p. blower motor. This application is in an old building with lots of metal in it, plus the old steel mesh/plaster sub ceiling between the first and second floors of this two story building. I looked at the Kele site, but it doesn`t show anything with a modulating output. Anybody know where I can find this animal?

P

Peter Whalley

Hi Bruce,

ASHRAE Journal for November 2002 has an article on wireless "Pros & Cons of
Wireless" that you may find of interest. The paper notes that the work
discussed was supported by Inovonics Wireless Corporation
http://www.inovonics.com/ . Beyond that they suggest doing a web search on
"wireless sensors, wireless HVAC, wireless control".

You are unlikely to find complete wireless systems but would add wireless
sensors onto a conventional DDC controller.

Regards

Peter Whalley
Magenta Communications Pty Ltd
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
e-mail: peter*no-spam*@magentacomm.com.au
delete *no-spam* before sending

I am currently checking into if Profile Systems can handle such a system. In the meantime you can refer to our website at www.profile-systems.com , in regards to wireless controls. There is a real time demo link in which you can access some of our client base.

Regards,
Justin