3AO1 and 3AO2 Thermocouple

Good day,

Please I need the full name given to these two types of thermocouples (3AO1 and 3AO2), their original position in the frame VI turbine, and the function they perform.

Good day,

I would suggest you to give a precise identification part number of these thermocouples.

As for Frame 6b I found differentes thermocouples with A01 A02 designation. These thermocouples are designated for monitoring the Wheelspace temperature. They are installed in 2ND OR THIRD STAGE after outer.

There are designated as:

TT-WS2-A01: Turbine wheelspace temp 2nd stage after outer
type k thermocouples 1 element.Ungrounded.

TT-WS2-A02: Turbine wheelspace temp 2nd stage after outer
type k thermocouples 1 element.ungrounded.

or

TT-WS3-A01:Turbine wheelspace temp 3rd stage after outer

TT-WS3-A02:Turbine wheelspace temp 3rd stage after outer

I suggest and recommand you to have a look on the P&IDs, You can by this way mark up these thermocouples.

By this way I hope that it can be an help for you,

Regards,
James

These are 3rd Stage Thermocouples, located on the left (3AO1) and right (3AO2) side downstream. There names minted on turbine body near the insertion holes.

Jolek,

I think most B/E-class GE-design heavy duty gas turbines have the third-stage aft wheelspace thermocouple entering the third stage aft area through tubes on either side of the #2 bearing, in the exhaust. I don't recall seeing the designations stamped anywhere, but they may be.

As you said, they are the left (1) and right (2) third-stage aft wheelspace temperature-measuring thermocouples, for TTWS3AO1 and TTWS3AO2 (left and right sides of the turbine shaft, respectively).

Hope this helps!

Hello All,

Adding to my last queries for this thread,I just checked some frame 6B P&IDs, and the designation and emplacement of these thermocouples are shown in P&ID called "Control devices- Turbine.”

Best for all
James