for web reporting and as an historian but the cost of support and upgrade of
the Software is too high, we are planning to migrate to another IMS. could
somebody recommend me another Brand of IMS this will be fully compatible
with ABB DCS and Controllers.

Regards,
Pedro

A
Dear Pedro,
You can choose other IMS or integrate PI Historian/Honeywell PHD or Rockwell Software RSBizware with the ABB. In order to communicate with the system for online reporting and data archiving, you would need a communication driver or an OPC server for ABB DCS. There are couple of options available on kepware/matrikon website. PLease visit them and contact them for pricing.

Thanks,
Arif

Pedro

it´s a pity that you are thinking to move out from IMS, but I agree ABB is very expensive, I have a bailey infi90 plant based contro integrated with PI, it works seamlessly, i have a application with abb advant system too, but it was a bit more complicated setup but it is working now, so if you need more comments contact me at [email protected] (Trabajo en Chile)

Y

Y.K.JARIWALA

Dear Pedro

There was company called @aglance, which was probably owned by WIZCON, they have the solution for your application, it is advisable in your case to procure everything from one party.

Jari
[email protected]

Dear Pedro,

I have to concur with the gentlemen that have recommended OSI Software's PI system. We have 3 plants that each have a PI server and wouldn't trade them for any other data historian. We use it for all our reports that are based on plant data and even send data to an Oracle database via pisql using XML.

Regards,

Sharon