Alarm logging - WinCC V6.0 SP3

Z

Zoran Zuber

I have problem with configuring alarms in alarm logging in WinCC v6.0 SP3.

Sometimes, and it is quite often, I have the following situation:
After I enter the alarms in the list and connect them to the STEP 7 tag, I save the alarm logging and close it. Then, when I open alarm logging again, connection to the STEP 7 tag is losted and I have to do it all over again.
I think it is system bug by WinCC, but I'm not sure.

What to do? Is there any patch or something?

Had the same problem, entered all of the alarms into wincc, and saved the project. then opened it again to find some alarms missing, siemens told me to delete all of the alarms and do them again. this did seem to work. there is sp2 for wincc as a download as well.

remember to enable "" alarme lgging " in Pc configuration in wincc (( the first step of the project )) "" computer ---> and enable "" alarm logging "" in order they work in "run time " after you finish the project ...+ if the alarm logging dont work "" delete all the alarms "" and redo them again and save it will work !

sometimes antivirus softwares can make some files not working well (( bugggs )) , and always make sure to save all what you do (( tags , alarms etc etc )) and remember THE OPTION in the begening : configuration of THE PC !!!! the first step in wincc !and make sure of the tags and the bits you use (( connected to step 7 ))and make sure the program in step 7 is right '' chack all the "E " and A " and mementos etc etc ""

i would like to contact SALMA i am very impressed by her/him ...I am sure I will really need YOUR help SALMA!!! as i had so many pbs in learning long time ago (plcs, wincc, etc.) and now working with all that I am sure i will have pbs sometimes. if you can cont me in yadred at gmail dot com I would be very pleased! thank you so much.

Hi Red

I don't use any messaging software as I travel a lot and don't usually have access to the internet. However you can always contact me via my website http://www.wincc.net. I always reply as soon as possible.

Also I am a member of the Siemens forum at http://support.automation.siemens.com which is used by many WinCC / S7 experts and users. I can recommend you checking out the forum if you need advice.

Regards,
Salma

fyi, I am female :)

I am sure I read somewhere that in WinCC V6 SP3 that you cannot make changes to the alarm logging system if your project is activated. You should either deactivate the project or make the changes on an engineering station and use the "Load Online Changes" editor to download them to your server.

This may possibly be what's causing your problem.

Unfortunately I cannot remember where I read this. Maybe it was in the V6SP3 release notes...

Regards,
Salma