Thank you for your reply
James
Dear James,

GCAP - generator control and alarm panel

GSP - generator sunchronizing panel

SCR - Sync. Check relay.

TCS - Trip circuit supervision relay

LOR - lock out relay.

A bit challenging to operate and troubleshoot the problem if working a lone with this system.

2 generator incoming VCB with all metering located 1.5 meter apart, same roll of GSB , generator switchboard.

The GSP, generator synchronizing Panel 3 meters diagonally opposite GSB, the GCAP is located at another coner in the switchroom.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

FYI, recently auto synchronizing functions developed some problems, Permissive & Run mode unable to close VCB. So I have both Load Release Switches closed, both load share in auto position, manually synchronize by observing synchroscope, once VCB is closed, set both mode switches to Run mode, outcome - load swing vigorously.

Few months ago both Run & Permissive mode were working fine, same load swing was observed too.

Dear James,

SCR - Sync. Check relay.

LOR - lock out relay.

A bit challenging to operate and troubleshoot the problem if working a lone with this system.

2 generator incoming VCB with all metering located 1.5 meter apart, same roll of GSB , generator switchboard.

The GSP, generator synchronizing Panel 3 meters diagonally opposite GSB, the GCAP is located at another coner in the switchroom.

FYI, recently auto synchronizing functions developed some problems, Permissive & Run mode unable to close VCB. So I have both Load Release Switches closed, both load share in auto position, manually synchronize by observing synchroscope, once VCB is closed, set both mode switches to Run mode, outcome - load swing vigorously.

Few months ago both Run & Permissive mode were working fine, same load swing was observed too.
Dear CH Lee,

Thank you for your reply

These abréviations are slightly différents from conventional power plant.

I still don't know if MLSC "Master Load synchronizer controller is installed..
Can you confirm if it is installed or not..

Regards
James

Dear James,

SCR - Sync. Check relay.

LOR - lock out relay.

OK
You stated synchronize by observing synchroscope, you surely means Synchronoscope...please confirm if MLSC is installed and if commissioned properly... You should get also access or download Woodward Toolkit... For better troubleshooting and tracking of what's going wrong with auto sync...

Dear James,

SCR - Sync. Check relay.

LOR - lock out relay.

Dear CH Lee,
Sometimes you write GSP... Then you write GSB is that a typing error... Or another device.. Please clarify...

Dear CH Lee,

Thank you for your reply

These abréviations are slightly différents from conventional power plant.

I still don't know if MLSC "Master Load synchronizer controller is installed..
Can you confirm if it is installed or not..

Regards
James
Dear James,

Is MLSC referred to a single Master control unit which controls several generators?

In our set up, each generator is equipped with a Woodward 2301 and DSLC controlling the speed of engine and performing synchronizing and active/reactive load control between 2 generators.

The DSLC has a LON network communicatiin with each other, exchanging data for load sharing.

These 2 generators only started manually when there is utility power failure.

I am taking opportunity to troubleshoot during month load test run.

CH

Dear James,

There isn't any MLSC installed in this system.

Two tests carried out in the couse of troubleshooting.

1. Both units on droop mode, active and reactive load shared perfectly with total connected load fluctuations without operator intervention, frequency varies according to total applied load level.

2. 1st unit operated in Isoch. as master to maintain frequency, 2nd unit in droop mode, need operator intervention to keep the load within 1st unit capacity, works well as expected.

Each DSLC send bias signal to individual 2301 speed controller, which output to an actuator to throttle the fuel into diesel engine.

A Lon network connected between 2 units of DSLC for exchange of operating information, no MLSC.

Hope the info provided is sufficient.

Thanks.

Hi CH Lee,

Thank you for the clarifications..
What Lonnetwork is supposed to do by interconnecting both DSLC circuits..

Also what is that Generator release PB (latch type)...

Iam still on vacations... But will review closer the drawings that you shared and come back with comments.. Questions...

Regards
James.

Operate PB, unloading and open the breaker.

By the way, have you ever come across leroy Somer AVR model R630?
Okay by the way there also close/open command for VCB... Shown on drawings.. can you tell me what is the difference between those signals/contacts/commands...
Is that PB operated only by operator... Please clarify..
As you stated this is PB is for unloawing/opening Generator breaker..

Also YOU DID not tell me. WHaT is the function of L'on network..

Yes I got experience on that type of AVR...
Do the AVRS... working properly.. To know that you definitely need to install.. Woodward toolkit software that's the key for troubleshooting and solve problem at your site....

Will review closer the drawings even some pages/sheets are missing or not shown deliberaly.. Which you could say it from beginning.. So I can understand that you don't want to show them..

But supporting you remotely without more informations would be very difficult...

Cheers
James

Okay by the way there also close/open command for VCB... Shown on drawings.. can you tell me what is the difference between those signals/contacts/commands...
Is that PB operated only by operator... Please clarify..
As you stated this is PB is for unloawing/opening Generator breaker..

Also YOU DID not tell me. WHaT is the function of L'on network..

Yes I got experience on that type of AVR...
Do the AVRS... working properly.. To know that you definitely need to install.. Woodward toolkit software that's the key for troubleshooting and solve problem at your site....

Will review closer the drawings even some pages/sheets are missing or not shown deliberaly.. Which you could say it from beginning.. So I can understand that you don't want to show them..

But supporting you remotely without more informations would be very difficult...

Cheers
James
Dear James,

If you follow the drawing closely, you would have realize those open/close Switches are for manual operation.

From my understanding, the operator supposed to operate PB when he wants to stop one generator, the system with ramp the load down to a predetermined level, then automatically open the breaker. Honestly speaking, none of us has the opportunity to operate the PB, simply the problems encounted doesn't Permit us to proceed to that stage of operation.

Other drawings are not relevant/of no value for troubleshooting, and bound by data privacy policy in the company as I am hesitant to share

I am lack of experience in DSLC, my wildguess is Lon networks communicate between 2 DSLC, exchange of date for load sharing which was explained in previous post.

I do understand it is difficult to troubleshoot remotely, particularly for someone is not familiar with the system, if it is too troublesome to continue, I am ok to discontinue the post here.

For Leroy Somer AVR Model R630 incorporates a Digital U Pot / P.F. module, I have a question as how to adjust it to have fine voltage trimming, as currently digital input trimmering is pretty coast, during parallel operation, impossible to trim for balancing the reactive power - always overshot.

Digital Pot U / P.F. Module externally can only access P1, pot to adjust speed, no improvement when making adjustment.

Thanks.

Dear James,

If you follow the drawing closely, you would have realize those open/close Switches are for manual operation.

From my understanding, the operator supposed to operate PB when he wants to stop one generator, the system with ramp the load down to a predetermined level, then automatically open the breaker. Honestly speaking, none of us has the opportunity to operate the PB, simply the problems encounted doesn't Permit us to proceed to that stage of operation.

Other drawings are not relevant/of no value for troubleshooting, and bound by data privacy policy in the company as I am hesitant to share

I am lack of experience in DSLC, my wildguess is Lon networks communicate between 2 DSLC, exchange of date for load sharing which was explained in previous post.

I do understand it is difficult to troubleshoot remotely, particularly for someone is not familiar with the system, if it is too troublesome to continue, I am ok to discontinue the post here.

For Leroy Somer AVR Model R630 incorporates a Digital U Pot / P.F. module, I have a question as how to adjust it to have fine voltage trimming, as currently digital input trimmering is pretty coast, during parallel operation, impossible to trim for balancing the reactive power - always overshot.

Digital Pot U / P.F. Module externally can only access P1, pot to adjust speed, no improvement when making adjustment.

Thanks.
Dear CH Lee,

Thank you for these clarifications...
That confirm my thoughts about the PB function...

I am not saying that I cannot try to support... Just that I will need to be back home from vacations... Then I will have a closer study on the shared documents/drawings...
I understand your position about not divulgate private/privacy.. Documents...

For Leroy somer Avr... I will have a careful read on the user /operation maintenance manual, then will be back with comments and answers to these questions...

I will try to do my best to support you as soon as I get back to home...

With my kindest regards,
James