Automatic Synchronizing and Load Sharing

Last month load test encountered same problem, at the end of 2 hour load test, I thought of doing auto loading in controlled manner, however, my colleague was too slow to respond allowing total load swung from 1 unit to the other, leading to reversed power tripping.

Our client was around, so we aborted further test.

Did access Woodward web site to look for suitable Toolkit software, with the model number and version keyed in, the search showed no result. Probably this old and obselete version can only diagnosed with hand held programmer.

From your end, after studing whatever information provided, what is your findings? appreciate you can share in this forum.

Last month load test encountered same problem, at the end of 2 hour load test, I thought of doing auto loading in controlled manner, however, my colleague was too slow to respond allowing total load swung from 1 unit to the other, leading to reversed power tripping.

Our client was around, so we aborted further test.

Did access Woodward web site to look for suitable Toolkit software, with the model number and version keyed in, the search showed no result. Probably this old and obselete version can only diagnosed with hand held programmer.

From your end, after studing whatever information provided, what is your findings? appreciate you can share in this forum.
Thanks for this update much appreciated...
Well I wanted to confirm is you were ok to get that Toolkit software but seems that version is not "compatible" as you stated...

I will go back to this case see if i can add any tips/notes ..to support..

James

Dear James,

If you follow the drawing closely, you would have realize those open/close Switches are for manual operation.

From my understanding, the operator supposed to operate PB when he wants to stop one generator, the system with ramp the load down to a predetermined level, then automatically open the breaker. Honestly speaking, none of us has the opportunity to operate the PB, simply the problems encounted doesn't Permit us to proceed to that stage of operation.

Other drawings are not relevant/of no value for troubleshooting, and bound by data privacy policy in the company as I am hesitant to share

I am lack of experience in DSLC, my wildguess is Lon networks communicate between 2 DSLC, exchange of date for load sharing which was explained in previous post.

I do understand it is difficult to troubleshoot remotely, particularly for someone is not familiar with the system, if it is too troublesome to continue, I am ok to discontinue the post here.

For Leroy Somer AVR Model R630 incorporates a Digital U Pot / P.F. module, I have a question as how to adjust it to have fine voltage trimming, as currently digital input trimmering is pretty coast, during parallel operation, impossible to trim for balancing the reactive power - always overshot.

Digital Pot U / P.F. Module externally can only access P1, pot to adjust speed, no improvement when making adjustment.

Thanks.
Hi Ch Lee

Hoping all is well for you ..

Did you manage to adjust "UPot/PF module" as you asked previously ...

See following notes from OEM manual:
1631966166564.png

It will help you for sure if you have not readed it yet...

Thanks for keeping us updated!

James

Dear Jame,

Is the attached manual refers to Cos ∮- KVAR optional card, the title of document is blocked, if so, sorry to tell you that there isn't such optional card fitted to our system.

As for adjustment to Digital pot U/P.F. Optional Card externally, I have shared in previous post.

Dear Jame,

Is the attached manual refers to Cos ∮- KVAR optional card, the title of document is blocked, if so, sorry to tell you that there isn't such optional card fitted to our system.

As for adjustment to Digital pot U/P.F. Optional Card externally, I have shared in previous post.
Dear CH Lee,

Thanks for your feedback!

Okay noted about that Digital potU/PF...

How about AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZING did you perform a successful test..

If not i would advsie to check proper functionnality of VCBXXX1/VCBXX2 for both units on DSLC circuit diagram...

Thank you to keep us updated!

James