Bailey DCS Infi90

This forum has a lot of different thoughts about Infi 90 System support. We thought it best to summarize ABB's support for the Infi 90 System users:

ABB absolutely provides support for the Infi 90 System including system configuration/programming. ABB has a complete lifecycle plan for the Infi 90 System to assist our customers make system decisions that meet their business needs. One of the system lifecycle programs is known as the "core control lifecycle commitment" for the system. This program covers the system's control, communications and engineering so that user's system control logic applications and engineering are protected, The commitment is that there will be Infi 90 products available for sale to at least the year 2015 with continued product support through the year 2025. This provides our customers proper time to create a multi-year system plan for system upgrades without risk to production or forcing system action the customer wants to delay. ABB also offer system evolution to assist our customer in the development of this multi-year system plan to ensure upgrades to newer system technology for their Infi 90 System are implemented at the proper time to meet customer business needs.

In addition, ABB continues to develop new Infi 90 System products. Recent product releases include:

1. The latest controller released for the system is the fastest controller ever released for Infi 90, the BRC400. This controller supports 30,000 function blocks and allows for flexible on-line configuration and remote I/O options.

2. A PCU MODBUS TCP (master/slave) module has been released that supports 100 MB Ethernet, in an MMU form factor. Also in development for future release is an Infi 90 Ethernet CIU that will support 100 MB Ethernet, dual channel in an MMU form factor.

3. ABB also continues to release new Composer engineering tool versions. The current version supports a view only feature, nice.

In summary, we believe that ABB has the most complete system lifecycle support program for the Infi 90 System.

1. New functionality and technology offerings

2. Complete evolution programs that allow for incremental/step-wise system upgrading (customers do not need to rip-out and replace their complete system)

3. System evolution planning

4. Support for configuring/programming existing installed Infi 90 controllers/modules

Although not stated specifically, the previous post from "dlanor" appears to have been from an ABB employee. Obviously they reserve (and deserve) the right to try to set the record straight and share their perspective.

As an end user of several DCS's, including but not limited to Infi90 and 800xA, I would like to confirm that the previous post is indeed accurate based on my experience.

The Infi90 is supported...extrememly well.

Don't assume, based on postings, especially from people who provide services and need your business, that ABB's pricing is so high that you are wasting your time giving them a call.

That said, we do use some third party software apps, and we do use independent contractors for some small projects. I don't have an "ABB or the highway" mentality.

Do your homework.

My final train of thought is one that someone from ABB would probably refrain from sharing, but I won't:) Many of the statements that I have read in these posts, including..."no support from ABB", "improvished" (sp), "cast...the system aside", etc. are flat out inaccurate(aka lies) based on my 20 years of experience as an end user. I was never fired from or quit Bailey or ABB, I don't sell any software or services, I don't need your business.

Hi John,

just wondering where you are located. My experience is quite different. Maybe its an ABB location issue

Hi all

I have been around the Bailey technology for well over 20 years. I find it amazing that you can still purchase Bailey equipment and ABB is still developing new products keeping systems alive and well 20 years later without the high cost of rip and replace many competitors will sell you.

I think as suggested early, do your homework and you will be surprised how ABB is the only company to breath life into technology that others has long ago obsoleted and do not support anymore.

Brad

Our company has been providing support and solutions to customers with Bailey DCS for many years and have developed many utilities for upgrade/migration solutions. If you still have the need for support or upgrade based solutions, I would be very interested to hear your concerns and look for an applicable solution to best meet your concerns. www.readyengineering.com for more information

Be wary of those that post things that say ABB no longer supports the Bailey products. ABB still fully supports Network 90, Infi-90, Harmony, and Symphony products. These all still play together and ABB continues that evolution path with the Symphony Plus product line.

For ABB process control product support simply call 1-800-HELP-365 to purchase parts, contact sales, schedule training, or obtain technical support. Those that say ABB does not support their products are simply trying to market their niche products or services that they have leveraged off the huge installed base begun by Bailey Controls and continued and supported by ABB.