Baseboard heater control set-points.

I have a question regarding home heating control and set points for electrical baseboard heaters, ON or OFF. I am programming relay control for the heaters using RTDs to monitor the room temperature. To avoid excessive relay actions, I welcome suggestions for time LT setpoint before activating control and time GT set-point before deactivating. Is there any need to program a minimum activation time?

Not sure if I am understanding the question. I don't think I'd use time. I would just set up an appropriate deadband between the on and off settings. There are a lot of variables to consider such as room size, heater size, air circulation, RTD location. I think it will be a bit of trial and error.

Thanks for the feedback. A technique of using a dead-band is a much better solution. I will program a combination of a short "de-bounce" timer to "qualify" the dead-band range for control.

When using electromechanical relays that have to switch power, our experience is that you must not use a shorter control cycle time of 10s. So, when the controller output wants 50% power, you switch the relay on for 5 sec and off for 5 sec. When the controller wants 80% you switch it on for 2 sec and off for 8 sec.
Better make use of solid state relays or thyristors. Than you can have a more accurate and stable control with the shortest cycle time. And you don't need to replace the power-switching electromechanical relay.