Bulk Gas measurement from oil separators


Thread Starter


Is anybody out there with idea of instruments used in measuring the quantity of gas (Gas volume) produced from an oil separator through the DOF. Kind of a multivariable transmitter that take in consideration; the temperature, differential pressure etc...

You will get Flow (Volume or Mass), DP, Pressure and Temp o/ps (4Nos) while using Honeywell make Smart Multivariable transmitters with MVA Card. Standard and dynamic compensation supports all primary elements. You can view the same in Honeywell 4 channel trend view paperless recorder.


Harry Paris (guest)

There are two highly effective technologies for DIRECT mass flow of gas--thermal-dispersion used when condensate is not present, and Coriolis. I have used both incredibly successfully for the last 20 years ranging from biogas production monitoring to Chlorine gas (0.02 #/hr). FCI (www.FluidComponents.com) is the world's leading thermal-dispersion gas mass flowmeter, and now they also have Coriolis meter technology that has completely thrilled us. We would be pleased to help you, if you like. Good Luck! [email protected]