Certified Automation Profesional Exam and Associate CAP

A

Akshaya

Can anyone mail me study materials for Certified automation Professional exam?
Do anyone have a soft copy of A guide to automation book of knowledge?

Mail Id - <SNIP>

Moderetors note : removed email to avoid spam

Nice try, but ISA publishes the Guide to the Automation Body of Knowledge (AutoBoK). It is a copyrighted work and sharing it over the Internet would be illegal. It is not available in PDF form anyway.

The AutoBoK is the only book that contains the answers to the questions on the CAP Exam. Spend the money and buy it. Or have your company or library buy it. The most current version is Version 3, but all of the answers on the CAP exam, currently are to be found in the older Version 2. You may find a Version 2 available for sale at a lower price than Version 3 on Amazon or eBay.

I teach the ISA CAP Exam Preparation course.

Dick Caro, CAP

Hello Dick,

Rather than starting another thread, just thought I would ask you a question here as it somewhat relates to the query by original poster.

A few years ago (in 2013) I purchased the ISA CAP Learning System, as I wanted to prepare for and study for the CAP exam using the self-directed learning option which was available at the time. I still have all printed material that was mailed to me by the ISA. Due to personal reasons I was unable to finish my preparation and complete the CAP exam in the proceeding 12 months, and furthermore ISA ceased the CAP Learning System website portal officially from December 2014. I now find myself with the capacity and means again to revisit and realize my outstanding professional goal to complete the CAP exam.

I have reviewed a couple of other posts (including your replies to them) and I have noticed commonly offered advice is that one should definitely purchase the AutoBoK 3rd edition. My query is whether it would still be effective to prepare for the exam by reviewing, reading (and reflecting!) on the ISA CAP Learning System printed materials which I purchased in 2013? I did a high-level comparison of the Table of Contents from AutoBoK 3rd edition, against the contents of the printed materials provided to me for the ISA CAP Learning System. A lot of the content headings certainly appear to be similar, though they are not obviously identical. I am trying to save money by not buying the AutoBok 3rd edition, and directing any funds saved towards paying for the CAP exam instead and completing any online ISA review modules for specific modules where I may be weak professionally.

Please let me whether in you opinion, revising using the printed material from the ISA CAP Learning System, would be a suitable alternative to buying the AutoBok 3rd edition.

Thank you!