CLX 5000 PLC + Siemens IM157 Link Module + Endresss & Hauser TMT 184

J

Jason

I am trying to establish communications between a Control Logix 5000 PLC, which resides on a Profibus DP network and an Endress and Hauser TMT 184 Temperature Transmitter, which resides on a Profibus PA network.

The PLC uses an SST card to connect to the profibus DP network. The DP network is connected to the PA network bu a siemens Link module (IM 157) and a Segment Coupler.

I am using SST Profibus Configuration Version 1.9 to configure the SST Card. The GSD file for the Link Moldule is Dated "02.04.02 V1.5".

The system is coming up and I can see aall the other instruments on the network but I cannot see the TMT 184 from the PLC. Also the SF light is lit on the Link module and the BF 2 light is flashing.

I would appreciate any help possible....

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello;
I feel that the active LED on the Link module is indicating that the PA side of the module is not configured. When you say you see all instruments except the TMT 1184, do you mean other instrumentation modules on the PA side are seen from the PLC? or only the DP nodes?
Configuring the PA communications requires a different program than the Profibus-DP. Siemens has PDM, I believe E&H has its own PA configurator.Use any one of them to generate a correct PA configuration and download it to the PLC.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

D

david mertens

According to the manual, this means there is no slave connected to the network for cyclical transfer.

Make sure the slave has a valid address, this should be configured using PDM (siemens) or COMMUWIN (E&H). Also make sure the backplane connector between link and coupler modules is present. Also some instruments have a fixed polarity, so try exchanging A and B wires.

M
Hello

We know about this problem. You need to have a changed GSD for the IM 157. If you want you can contact me by mail (michael.ulrich(AT)solutions.endress.com).

regards

Mike

W

Wojciech Wasik

Hello,
I just have the same problem I try to communicate IM 157 with Mitsubishi Master DP and PMV positioning module for valves with PA interface.

Are you solve your problem ?
What extra software you need to launch communication ?

I have gsdtool (java applet it's Siemens tool for adding gsd for PA slaves to GSE profile for Siemens module)
But I still can't start communication ?

Thank for your answer
[email protected]
Wojtek

Hello. I have the same problem with a Mitsy DP master and IM157. I have the gsdtool and I still can't get communication. Did you solve your problem? If so would you mind letting me know how?

Thanks.

Andrew
[email protected]