communication of VFDs on control net

• Thread starter Muhammad Asim Khan
  • Start date
M

Muhammad Asim Khan

I wish to communicate 6 VFDs on a controlnet network. I'm using VFDs cat# 1336F-B150-AN-EN-HAS2-l4, filter, adapter 1203-CNI & communication cable 1202-C30. Then i would like to take their data on controlLogix through CNB module cat# 1756-CNB. would my approach work correctly?

Asim,
I was involved in one Project from Marketing Department, where we had done the communication of the 1336 Plus II Drives with the ControlLogix over the controlnet & we could control the drives from the Operator Station.
One More Advantage which you can get (I suppose) is that you will be able to Configure the Drives Over the Controlnet from Engineering Station Using a Software called Drive Explorer or Drive Executive. If you wish I can pass on information about it. Write to me at [email protected]
I can pass on your query to relavent Project People.
Rgds
SG

J

James Ingraham

Yes. Six VFD's with ControlNet/ScanPort adapters is no problem. I haven't specifically used 1336 drives, but I've had 10+ 1304 on ControlNet to ControlLogix before. Bear in mind that the individual drives can still only send and receive data at ScanPort rates, so I wouldn't try to synchronize speeds on a Web press with that setup, but you should have performance at least as good as if you used direct wiring.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.