Communication Siemens S7-300 315-2 DP w/ PC

A

Anonymous

Ok..I'm running Simatic v5, S7-300 315-2 DP PLC, have a PC Adapter v5.0

Questions are: the memory module on the PLC is missing..is this critical to running the S7?

If not, I can't get the PC to recognize the S7...any idea?

TIA!

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello;
On the S7315-2DP, the memory module is not critical, and does not influence the communication settings.

When communicating to a PLC MPI port with a PC Adapter, you must adjust some settings. Open the Options menu (in Simatic Manager), and select "Setting the PG/PC interface". In the larger dialog window, select "PC Adapter (MPI)" as parameter set. Click on the Properties button; there are 2 tabs you can choose from. In the Local Comm tab, set the com Port you are using on the PC, and select the same transmission rate as is implemented on the PC Adapter (you can look at the mini-switch on the side of the adapter). In the MPI tab, check the "PG/PC is the only master" box if you have no HMI or SCADA hooked up on the same network; make sure the Transmission Rate value is pointing to 187,5 kbps.
Once these selections are active, the smaller dialog box in "Setting the PG/PC interface" should read "Access point: S7ONLINE --> PC adapter (MPI)", or it willrequest an automatic change to that value when closing the window.

Once these settings are activated, you should be able to go back to the Simatic Manager and click on the Available Nodes icon; you should get an answer back from the PLC (Note; check if the Power led lights up when you insert the PC Adapter in the MPI port of the PLC; it sould blink when you plug it in. Also check if the Comm led comes on when a request is sent to the PLC. If one or the other of the PC Adapter leds are not active, either setting, cables or the adapter module are to be checked).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

G

Gabriele Corrieri

I suggest these checking steps:

a)that the serial cable is a null-modem (not a straight cable!)
b)that you use a true pc adapter, and not a ts adapter
c)that the settings for Step7 in pg/pc interface screen is set to pc adapter (mpi)
d)after these checkings if the problem isn't solved I suggest you to check your hw - serial port ... I think that pc adapter doesn't run under
usb/serial adapter ...

If you need more help contact me directly.

Hope this help
Gabriele Corrieri
[email protected]