Connecting ETZ410 and PC via modem

R

Rodion Tarabanov

Hallo everybody,

Excuse me for my English.

In order to get data from remote Micro PLC I made system which consists of Micro3722-TSX ETZ410-modem MD3 (Siemens)-Phone line (Dial-up or dedicated)-modem MD3 – PC with installed WindowsXP, VijeoLook v2.6 with OFS. I'm using direct modem cable to connect Micro and ETZ. To connect Modem and ETZ I'm using same cable. According to ETZ Manual we set IP and Uni-telway configurations of the ETZ like this:

UniTelway: Adr0 = 6, boudrate = 9600, Parity = Odd, Timeout = 1s
IP configuration: IPaddress 85.16.61.223 (calculated by MAC address), Subnet mask 255.255.0.0, Gateway 0.0.0.0 Xway = 0.2. Using modem connection Modem congiguration from ETZ side: "Use Eth IP addr as PPP IP adr” flag is on, baudrate = 9600, Parity = Odd, Stop bit = 1, Max time between 2 frames = 0, Max connection time = 0, Hayes strig is ATS0=1 (I tried to write string recomended by modem vendor and configured modem by DIL switcher but result negative too.) Connections 1, access control is off If it is necessary I can send configuration screens.

At first I prepared dial-up modem “ETZ” connection according ETZ Manual. From PC side modem configuration corresponding ETZ configuretion. IP of PC connection 85.16.61.1 PAP is on. I set “Use FIFO…”… “Use PAP protocol” flags. The Login and the password on ETZ is “USER” as default. After configuration I try to connect to ETZ via modem connection using “ETZ” connection. Dial-up is OK but connection not created. PC Side modem configured according to ETZ configuration. Then I try to connect with ETZ via Ethernet or null-modem cable all is OK. But as I note in last case the ETZ IP is 85.16.0.2 in spite of the fact that “Use Eth IP addr as PPP IP adr” flag is on. Also we tried to use US Robotics modem and result was negative too.

In conclusion I have these questions: 1. What mistake did I make in ETZ configuration? 2. Can I use dedicated phone line to data transition from ETZ to PC? Is it possible to configure ETZ and PC?

I will very much appreciate a quick answer.