Connecting ISaGRAF to ScadaPack

M

Muhammad Aris

i use Telepace to make ScadaPack ladder program usually.
but now, i must use ISaGRAF to make ScadaPack ladder.
can anyone know how to connect ISaGRAF to ScadaPack?? can you give the example configuration or ladder program??

thanks, before

best regards,

Muhammad Aris
Control Engineer

A

Amar Bin Halim

Muhammad Aris,

Here is how you connect ISaGRAF with ScadaPack:

1. Connect the ScadaPack's COM 1 port with your computer's Serial port using the appropriate cable (I can give you the cable's wiring if you want).

2. Cold boot the ScadaPack to erase any previous programs from it. If its a new one you can skip this step. To cold boot the ScadaPack, (a) switch off the ScadaPack's power supply, (b) Press and hold the LED Power button on the ScadaPack and switch on the ScadaPack, (c) Hold the LED Power button for 30 seconds until the STAT LED begins to flash on and off continuously, and (d) release the LED Power button.

3. Now your ScadaPack has Station Number 1. Open the ISaGRAF project program and create a new file and name (for example, TEST). Open the TEST by double clicking on it. You can also open one of the sample files.

4. Click on Make and then Make Application on the drop-down menu above. This will compile your program.

5. Now from the menu above go Debug and then Link Setup. In the window, the target slave number should show "1", which will match with the station number of the ScadaPack. Then click on setup and make sure the following are as listed:

No Flow Control
Port : Com1
Protocol: Modbus RTU
Boud : 9600
Parity : None
Stop : 1 Bit
Addressing : Standard
Connect to Station : 1 - Here is your station number which should also match with the station number of your ScadaPack. If you haven't changed anything the settings will be as given above. Make sure your serial port setting in your computer are also the same. Now press OK and OK to close the two windows.

6. You are now ready to link with the ScadaPack. Go Debug and then Debug from the menu above. This will connect your computer to the Pack. It will show Logging and Connected. If you have any problem in the link, it will not connect and show "Disconnected".

7. If you have come upto this point, then go File and Download from the menu of the Debugger. It will download your program to the ScadaPack and start it (the Debugger window will show Running).

If you have come upto this point you are ready to go. If you need further help, email me again, I will try to help.

With regards,

Amar Bin Halim
Matrikon Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta

A

Amar Bin Halim

I have moved from Matrikon. My new contact is ahalim at ualberta dotnet.

Amar Bin Halim