Connecting TSX87/30 to OPC server

R

RGPetto

Hi,
We have a system formed by two TSX87/30 (a master-slave configuration) and twenty TSX17/20 in an Uni-Telway network.

We need to connect both TSX87 to an OPC server in order to extract data to an IP.21. I know these PLCs are no longer supported by Schneider and it doesn't supply anything, but we have no money to upgrade them. :-(

There are Modbus or Uni-Telway OPC Servers from Applicom, valid for the TSX87, but we don't have an additional TSX SCM 2xxx card for the TSX87. However, there are two Character string channels available, channel 0 of our SCM 2116 Uni-Telway cards.

Does anyone know any solution using the available channels? or does anyone know where or how to get these cards? (They could be second hand ones).

Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

F

Fredrik Bamsrud

Hi,
I've quite recently used the OFS OPC Server from Schneider for communication against two TSX7 PLC's, but this was over FIPWAY. I don't know if you could get a driver supporting the comunication cards that you would like to use in the OFS server, but I guess it could be worth checking out. The Schneider OFS OPC server seemed stable, and was quite easy to configure.

Regards,
Fredrik