Control Techniques (gama partida)


Thread Starter


I want to know more about the control technique named in spanish "control de gama partida". What is its name in english and where can i find detailed information about this technique. As I understand this consists of a tecnique to control a process with several final control elements covering each one a part of the range of the output contol (i,e controling the air supply to a plant with tree compresors)

Daniel Chartier

typical application would be a 2 valve control, one large and one small, controlling the flow in a pipe. You set the larghe valve so the small one maintains the setpoint flow at 50% aperture; that way you get fine tuning capabilities.
Have a look at the following article:
It gives a good intro to the subject in a real application.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Diana C Bouchard

My guess is you are talking about "split range control". If you do a search on this term you may find what you need.

Diana Bouchard

Diana C. Bouchard
Pulp and Paper Research Institute of Canada (Paprican)
Process Control Group
570 St Johns Boulevard
Pointe Claire Quebec H9R 3J9 Canada
phone: (514) 630 4100 x2376
fax: (514) 630 4120
email: [email protected]