Device issue

Hello,
I’m having a problem with a Liquiline CM42 PH Sensor connecting to a EN2PAR linking device. I’m curious if you guys have had and issue like mine. On the plc (studio 5000) I went to the configuration of the EN2PAR. I ran a scan and it sees every device except the PH. It pops up saying “no matching GSD file found. The big issue is that the PH device works but will not display in my HMI. We have not touched the system in any way for this to have happened. I'm very new to this type of work and don’t know hardly anything so if I’m missing g something simple it’s very possible.

GSD files are for Siemens or ProfiNet devices, are you sure the error isn't "No Matching EDS File"? With Most Ethernet/IP devices you will need the EDS file which can be downloaded from the vendor's website, or if any digital media was supplied with the equipment the EDS files might be on there. Once you get the EDS file you will need to install it using the "EDS Hardware Installation Tool" located in the tools menu of Studio 5000.

You don't need the EDS file to control the device but you will need it for changing or viewing configurations in the ethernet module. This happens when the original developer creates a component that has an EDS file installed on their development PC but you do not.