Display a particular Timer in HMI (ie dos system) of mark V

Due to very old mark v of control turbine, i'm having an issue to display a particular Timer in the i (hmi) screen, just to inform you guys this systen deals with instructions instead of clicking mouse that make it hard for us to deal with this system.
This timer is computes the 180 seconds of 1st speed of starting system after that the 2nd speed starts.
Thanks in advance

Due to very old mark v of control turbine, i'm having an issue to display a particular Timer in the i (hmi) screen, just to inform you guys this systen deals with instructions instead of clicking mouse that make it hard for us to deal with this system.
This timer is computes the 180 seconds of 1st speed of starting system after that the 2nd speed starts.
Thanks in advance
How about the issue... You facing with... Is there any error message returned...
Did you follow OEM procedure/manual

abdouzita103,

Wow! It's been so long since I've thought about <I>s and Animated Display Item List Files, I've even forgotten how they are identified. I do recall they should have been in the F:\RUNTIME directory, but quite often were put/found in the F:\UNITn directory.

AND, I believe one could "easily" open the current Animated Display Item List file by pressing a couple of Function keys (F2 followed by F3??? AGAIN, it's been a very long time, and I'm sorry--I do not have access to GEH-6195, The Mark V Application Manual, which has a section on display creation--Section 4, if I recall correctly). The reason I mention this is because before you attempt to make any changes you should MAKE BACK-UPS OF THE FILES!!! I recommend doing this by copying the Animated Display Item List files to another location on the hard drive. (Actually, I heartily recommend replacing the <I>!!! Because it's just a matter of time before the CPU mainboard and/or the ARCnet Network Interface Card and/or the hard drive is going to fail--and if you don't have working spares on hand, you are going to find them hard to find and expensive when you do.)

The thing to know about editing Animated Display Item List files is that they are ASCII text files, and, in general, the location where a value or text or item is displayed is expressed on an x,y relationship where 0,0 is the bottom left corner of the display. So, increasing the x or y value means the starting point for the item moves up from the bottom left corner or to the right from the bottom left corner. The easiest way to get familiar with this is to open a file and have a look at each line in the file (lines that DO NOT begin with a semicolon--because those are ignored by the display program, and are usually comments, but sometimes are lines which someone has "deleted".) After a few minutes, and in conjunction with the Animated Display Item List file configuration section of the Mark V Application Manual things should become a little clearer.

You can make your own little test by adding a line, at the bottom of the file is best, to insert an item somewhere on the screen, and then revert back to the display after saving the change to see where it appears on the display. It can easily be removed by deleting the line, or just placing a semicolon at the far left of the line. Or, it can be moved by changing the x and y coordinates.

Once you know where the item will be placed, then you can start doing more and more. With the back-ups you created (you did create back-ups, right???!?!?!!), you will always have a way to recover from any mistakes.

It's not easy, but it's not that difficult. Have a quick read of the first pages of Section 4 of GEH-6195, The Mark V Application Manual. Things will become a lot clearer.

Actually, what I used to do was copy the Animated Display Item List Files to another directory (usually somewhere like F:/USER, or a new directory I created in this folder) and then edit THOSE files, leaving the originals alone. When I was happy with my changes, I would then copy the original to a file with a filename extension like .SAV or .ORI or something like that, then copy my modified file into the directory where the Animated Display Item List Files on your <I> are located and you're off to the races!

Good luck! Again, it's not "easy" but it's NOT difficult. Understanding the coordinate system, and then finding something similar to what you want to do on an existing display and then "copying" that to a new line with the appropriate coordinates is pretty simple. Does it use a mouse? Depends on your editor, I guess. But, personally--having come of age in the command line world I pretty much don't like having to take my hands off the keyboard to click on something. But, then I have been (rightly) called a dinosaur.

If you need more help, you're going to need to be more specific. And to be more specific you're probably going to need to read at least the first few pages of Section 4 of GEH-6195, and copy and paste a few lines into a response to this thread, or just attach the animated display item list file you want to modify (it should have a filename extension something like .A or .An, where "n" is the unit number) to a response.

A timer is NOT a difficult value to display (I'm speaking of something like T2TV, or T2W--the "accumulate register" of a timer which is where the value increments in the CSP).

Write back if you need more help!

Thank you CSA,
I have went back to read Section 4, Now I must go edit my BOI screens that I promised myself to do years ago.
I would love to tackle on of those <I> screens.
I hope the poster returns with one of those text files!!!!!