Doubt in pneumatic system

Hello everyone,

This is my first threat on this forum so I hope to do it well.

I attach an schematic of a pneumatic system to control a linear actuator, and what I dont know is: if we cut off the air pressure on maintenance unit in order to discharge both parts of the cylinder, the control air that get through the non-return valve is able to fill up that part of the cylinder?

This is for an automatic system that has 2 securities, barrier and e-stop. The idea is that barrier disable 3/2 and 5/3 valves, in order to get the cylinder in the same place, and the e-stop will disable the main electrovalve on the maintenance unit, discharging the whole system of any pressure.

Is possible to carry out this?

What other solution can you give to, with these 2 securities, control that cylinder?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

It's some time since working with pneumatic circuits:
- It's not clear to me what the non-return valve is doing, or the operator on it via 3/2 valve
- It's not clear what the mid-position configuration of the 5/3 valve is

If you need to remove pressure then I would have a 3/2 valve vented to atmosphere, say upstream
of the 5/3 valve.

Hello everyone,

This is my first threat on this forum so I hope to do it well.

I attach an schematic of a pneumatic system to control a linear actuator, and what I dont know is: if we cut off the air pressure on maintenance unit in order to discharge both parts of the cylinder, the control air that get through the non-return valve is able to fill up that part of the cylinder?

This is for an automatic system that has 2 securities, barrier and e-stop. The idea is that barrier disable 3/2 and 5/3 valves, in order to get the cylinder in the same place, and the e-stop will disable the main electrovalve on the maintenance unit, discharging the whole system of any pressure.

Is possible to carry out this?

What other solution can you give to, with these 2 securities, control that cylinder?

Thank you in advance
A couple of qusestions as I'm trying to understand what your trying to achieve so can you explain
1. The 5/3 valve is it a Pressure Centre or Closed Centre Valve
2. What/Where is the Barrier Disable ?
3. Where is the E stop (electovalve) in the circuit and what is the maintenance unit you refer to
4. Is the intention for the actuator to "Fail" stay put.
5. For maintenance of the valve do you need to Vent the Air completely from the system

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Power Generation 5
A General Communications Chat 2
M Motion Control 1
S Modbus 2
P Computing 4