Field oriented control (FOC) project with Simulink

Hi everyone. I am making my 4th Year Project on Field-Oriented Control (FOC) with a BLDC motor. I am having the issue that with the virus outbreak I have had to modify a lot how to carry out the project. As a result, I do not know what to write about anymore. I would like to continue doing my dissertation about FOC since I have already done background research on it but I do not what aspect of FOC I could investigate using MATLAB. And, if time allows, test it on an MCU. Please would you mind suggesting me areas of FOC which can be investigated and are appropiate for a Dissertation level ? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. I am making my 4th Year Project on Field-Oriented Control (FOC) with a BLDC motor. I am having the issue that with the virus outbreak I have had to modify a lot how to carry out the project. As a result, I do not know what to write about anymore. I would like to continue doing my dissertation about FOC since I have already done background research on it but I do not what aspect of FOC I could investigate using MATLAB. And, if time allows, test it on an MCU. Please would you mind suggesting me areas of FOC which can be investigated and are appropiate for a Dissertation level ? Thanks in advance.
Hello All,
Cadenabadldovin,

I think that it is an interesting subject to dissert on it.

There a lot of studies have been conducted on Field oriented control, and it remind me well my studies era back in the days .
Well would be glad to discuss on such studies with you if you need some advises.

Regards,
James

Hi,

There is indeed a lot to say on FOC. Based on this application note on FOC, I'd say that there is room for further investigation. Nevertheless, IMHO the first step would be to have a working implementation on a uC (or whatever processor). Then topics like robustness, fast (torque) transients handling, speed/position estimation sound like interesting investigation areas.

Hope it helps ;)

Hi,

There is indeed a lot to say on FOC. Based on this application note on FOC, I'd say that there is room for further investigation. Nevertheless, IMHO the first step would be to have a working implementation on a uC (or whatever processor). Then topics like robustness, fast (torque) transients handling, speed/position estimation sound like interesting investigation areas.

Hope it helps ;)
Hi

Original poster did even not reply ....looks like this thread is dead....