Finding Intouch tags? in Siemens plc

E

Eirik W. Olsen

I am working with a program on a Siemens PLC that communicates with InTouch. I need to find the tag values that Intouch sends to the PLC so I can use it somewhere else.

Can someone please explain to me how to find all the values intouch sends to the PLC and the other way around?

W

WWTroubleshooter

you probably want to turn on show send and rec

Take a look at Wonderware's Tech Note 3 Troubleshooting Wonderware Serial I/O Servers

"Edit the WIN.INI file in your /WINDOWS directory and find the name of the server that you are using (the name will be in square [ ] brackets). Add this line to the section in the WIN.INI file following the server name:
DebugMenu=1

Restart Windows and the I/O Server. When the I/O Server’s dialog box appears, click the window’s Control Menu (the icon in the top left corner with the horizontal line). A drop down menu will appear. Make sure the Show Errors and Verbose checkboxes are selected."

You may also want to look at:

Tech Note 16 Optimizing Wonderware I/O Server Performance

Tech Note 116 Overview of How Wonderware I/O Servers Operate

Tech Note 132 Using FactorySuite 2000s WWClient to Check I/O Server Communications

H

Hakan Ozevin

You cannot decide which tags are used by the HMI system by just investigating the PLC program (if there are no comments for the PLC program of course).

The tags read by InTouch are not recorded (that they are read or written) to anywhere in the PLC and you have to investigate the HMI software.

However, programmers usually prefer to use a single DB for data interface between PLC and HMI.

You can compare DB values and those on the screen. The DB whose values match to the HMI's may be what you are looking for, altough not completely guaranteed.

J
In the InTouch application directory, there should be a file named DDE.CFG. Open this file with Notepad or other text editor. The file lists the Tags and their respective data points in the PLC. This is accurate for v5.6b, I'm pretty sure other versions of InTouch are the same.

Hope this helps.

E

Eirik W. Olsen

I am now trying to simulate my Intouch program with the built in simulator.

When I press CTRL + T on the buttons I have changed the type to I/O Integer and the accessname is the same as in the Simulate Topic definition. In my case S7_400.
When running simulate, nothing pops up.

Any have a clue on what more I shall do?

Thanks for very helpful answers on my previous question.