Frame 6B got tripped fire in Turbine

I need an help we have a Frame 6b machine frequently getting trip due to Fire in Turbine or 60PCT Gas level trip
IN mark IV HMI we received alram
Fire detection Fire alarm@ 6:2:12
Fire in Turbine or 60PCT Gas level trip @6:2:15
But when we check Fire and gas panel we don't have any Fire detector or UV detection or gas detection alarm we suspect the trip relay which is installed in our Fire and gas panel we reolace with another relay from same panel and layed the new cable from relay to Mark V panel. 10 days it was OK but today again unit got tripped as same alarm what could be the cause can anyone help me on this.

Thanks

I need an help we have a Frame 6b machine frequently getting trip due to Fire in Turbine or 60PCT Gas level trip
IN mark IV HMI we received alram
Fire detection Fire alarm@ 6:2:12
Fire in Turbine or 60PCT Gas level trip @6:2:15
But when we check Fire and gas panel we don't have any Fire detector or UV detection or gas detection alarm we suspect the trip relay which is installed in our Fire and gas panel we reolace with another relay from same panel and layed the new cable from relay to Mark V panel. 10 days it was OK but today again unit got tripped as same alarm what could be the cause can anyone help me on this.

Thanks
Good day all,

Kannanvel,

Could you please tell us type/model of the FIRE & GAS panel??

Which panel is involved. Are you talking about, gas detector panel or Fire protection/detection/fighting panel?

Please clarify as it is not clear.

Also , you are describing:
"Gas level trip IN mark IV HMI"

Then you talking about, new cable from relay to Mark V panel?

Can you clarify which Mark* is installed?

Without be able to check Schematics/P&ID & CSP file, WE cannot add more comments on RCA .

Thanks ,
ControlsGuy25.

Hi

Fire and gas panel is microtector MK1 Control system.

This is Fire fighting panel including with gas detector 5700 control module. In same panel.
For turbine trip they have assigned only one alarm even Turbine trip initiated by fire detection or Gas detection mark IV will appear fire in Turbine or 60 PCT gasevel trip we have to identify through fire fighting panel whether the alarm from gas or Fire detection or UV detection.

Mark IV panel.

Hi

Fire and gas panel is microtector MK1 Control system.

This is Fire fighting panel including with gas detector 5700 control module. In same panel.
For turbine trip they have assigned only one alarm even Turbine trip initiated by fire detection or Gas detection mark IV will appear fire in Turbine or 60 PCT gasevel trip we have to identify through fire fighting panel whether the alarm from gas or Fire detection or UV detection.

Mark IV panel.
Are you talking about:

Sieger System 5700 ?? Gas detector control module ?

There is no much support, that can we offer without knowing :

-Unit frame size,
-P&ID schematics...
-CSP file.
-Gas detector 60PCT (can you me more precise on type/OEM device)

I cannot find such signal/device, named 60PCT on device summary i got ( looks like it specific to the panel OEM).

Also did you noticed "Horn warning alarm from panel ?? "

Without see drawings, it would be difficult to add more comments.

I have no idea/experience, on microtector MK1 Control system.

Maybe somebody here, can add some notes/tips/advices on this issue.

Looking to hear back from you soon,
Controls Guy25.

Mark IV, eh? Good system for its day, and still reliable to this day when properly maintained.

What Diagnostic Alarms are present?

Have you verified the wires (I presume there are two) between the fire & gas panel and the Mark IV?

Where are the F&G wires connected in the Mark IV--specifically, which terminal boards and screws are the wires from the F&G panel connected to in the Mark IV?

There is a procedure in the Mark IV Maintenance Manual for checking contact inputs. I haven't performed it for more than 30 years, but when I did use it it identified a bad printed circuit card.

If you are experiencing intermittent trips from that one input and it's connected to one of the contact input terminal boards on the left side of the rear wall, what else is connected to that terminal board (both the common TB and the signal TB)?

Is the panel experiencing intermittent 125 VDC battery grounds?

Is the trip input connected directly to the F&G panel, and are those contacts rated for 125 VDC? OR, is the trip unit connected to an interesting relay with contacts rated for 125 VDC? If it's connected to an interposing relay, has it been verified to be working properly and is the voltage/current for the relay coil solid and stable? Or is the interposing relay a solid-state relay, and are you certain the solid-state relay is good? (They fail as often in the ON state as they do in the OFF state, and many are not rated for 125 VDC.)

Several things to answer and try if you haven't, and one of the most important is a complete list of Diagnostic Alarms--even if you think they are irrelevant (we will be the judge of that). You want help, we need more information--specifically all of the above questions.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!