Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) High Pressure Drum Upper and Lower Temperature Difference

Hello all,

We have a large HRSG with 3 pressure (Chinese manufacturer). Every shutdown we face a serious problem, that is during HRSG shutdown, our HP drum upper and lower temperature difference increases too much (>50 degree). Which is totally forbidden. But we try to maintain full level of water also reduce drum pressure very very slowly, but why this metal temperature difference increases sharply , we could not find the real reason.

It would be helpful for me if anyone suggest me any innovative way to control this. I will follow that next time.

Thnk you

Hello all,

We have a large HRSG with 3 pressure (Chinese manufacturer). Every shutdown we face a serious problem, that is during HRSG shutdown, our HP drum upper and lower temperature difference increases too much (>50 degree). Which is totally forbidden. But we try to maintain full level of water also reduce drum pressure very very slowly, but why this metal temperature difference increases sharply , we could not find the real reason.
It would be helpful for me if anyone suggest me any innovative way to control this. I will follow that next time. Thank you

Interesting! Worked in a country once where the plant owner tried to get away pay taxes by calling the facility a Flue-Gas Cooler!
Phil Corso

An aside... Once worked on an HRSG in a country where the plant owner tried to get away with paying taxes by calling the facility a Flue-Gas Cooler!
Phil Corso