How to change slave ID with CASModbusScanner

Hello,

I have a set up with 3 heatpumps with modbus protocol.
First of all i have to name that i am a new bee in modbus (did some online studies)

I have 3 heat pump (in Cascade) all with slave ID 1
Tot communicate with these 3 units each need to have there own ID
my questions
1 -Is it poseble to find out where the slave ID is stored?
2 can i change the id by CASModbusScanner?
3- how do i do that.

In case of extra info please ask

You can only change the slave ID using CASModbusScanner if it is available via a Modbus register exposed by the device. Can you attach the complete register list for the heat pump (or at least the vendor and model number)?

There are a few common ways that the slave ID is set on Modbus devices.
  1. Dip switches or rotary dials
  2. Display and keypad menu options
  3. Configuration software running on a PC that connects to the device via USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.
  4. By establishing a Modbus connection using the default settings and writing to a specific register

On a side note, if you're already using ModScan, there's no need to use a different Modbus master, such as CASModbusScanner, to write to a slave ID register (assuming one exists on the heatpump).

What is the vendor and model of the heat pumps?

Can you attach a user's manual for the device?
I have, a manual but there is no info about it. But I will send.

Brand is Nulite made in China.

I am in contact withe them. But it's hard to get info....

You can only change the slave ID using CASModbusScanner if it is available via a Modbus register exposed by the device. Can you attach the complete register list for the heat pump (or at least the vendor and model number)?

There are a few common ways that the slave ID is set on Modbus devices.
  1. Dip switches or rotary dials
  2. Display and keypad menu options
  3. Configuration software running on a PC that connects to the device via USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.
  4. By establishing a Modbus connection using the default settings and writing to a specific register

On a side note, if you're already using ModScan, there's no need to use a different Modbus master, such as CASModbusScanner, to write to a slave ID register (assuming one exists on the heatpump).
Screenshot_2023-09-27_165935.jpgScreenshot_2023-09-27_165935.jpg