How to retrieve Bailey infi 90 complete program (control strategies)

We have Bailey infi 90 DCS installed with IMMFP01 controller and NCMP01 interface card. How can we retrieve the program backup and control strategies from this controller. What hardware (cards, cables, connectors etc.) and software shall be required making backup.

This is the complete DCS that we have. Can I use NCPM01 card to connect computer and transfer control streatigies?
Seems like you have single PCU with single redundant MFP. I have few more questions to understand the topology

1. Do you use HMIs? Are they OIS or computer based? If computer based which software are you using?

2. Every DCS manufacturer has its own proprietary and licensed engineering software to communicate with controllers. Infi90 uses composer. Do you have it installed in your computer?

3. How many nodes are there in your DCS?

I have never worked on NCMP01 and right now I do not have access to its manual. If you have required software, then its simple to connect and read from controller.

Seems like you have single PCU with single redundant MFP. I have few more questions to understand the topology

1. Do you use HMIs? Are they OIS or computer based? If computer based which software are you using?

2. Every DCS manufacturer has its own proprietary and licensed engineering software to communicate with controllers. Infi90 uses composer. Do you have it installed in your computer?

3. How many nodes are there in your DCS?

I have never worked on NCMP01 and right now I do not have access to its manual. If you have required software, then its simple to connect and read from controller.
Moreover, as per attached picture I can see rack is starting from IMDSI. I havent seen first card in PCU as I/O card. I/O cards come after the MFP as MFP is has its expander bus and I/O cards are attached to this expander bus. Expander bus is on the downstream side of MFP.Can you elaborate, please?

1. we are not using any HMI, Operator Station or Engineer Station. Only control through push buttons and switches with indications on LEDs and indicators through AI/AO and DI/DO modules.

2. ABB uses ABB Composer but i am not sure what software to use with Bailey infi 90.

3. It is only single node, the complete DCS part of the system in shown in the attached picture.

In new DCS systems as ABB 800XA etc. yes the I/Os are on the bus downstream of the controller. It is a legacy system commissioned in early 90s long before my time so I am also intrigued by the fact that the system is working normally and all I/Os and redundant MFPs are doing their intended functions.

we connect a hand held programming terminal on NCMP01 card, the terminal allows to view and edit one block at a time.
What is this hand held terminal model number? Never worked with that.

Seems like the controlway and infi90 loop is not used in your case. Composer with computer can be used when MFP is connected to controlway and controlway is connected to infi loop via NIS/NPM. Computer having composer is connected to infi loop via ICI/NIS cards. I have experience with this kind of configuration.

CPM is called Communication Port Module and it has three varients and are used for single Process ContU (node) configuration.

1. CPM01 (it only has round 5 pin connector on front that is interfaced with CTT i.e. Configuration and Tuning Terminal e.g CTT01). This varient has no option to connect to Engineering Work Station(EWS) i.em. computer

2. CPM02 (It has round 5 pin connector for CTT and DB25 connector for EWS on front. This card has all the functions of CPM01)

3. CPM03 (Its has three connectors. Two connectors at front like CPM02 while one (DB09) is on component side, and it has all the functions of CPM01 and CPM02.In addition it can communicate with LAN90 Process Control View (PCV / Workstation / HMI).

So, the answer to your question, can CPM01 communicate with EWS, is NO.

CPM is called Communication Port Module and it has three varients and are used for single Process ContU (node) configuration.

1. CPM01 (it only has round 5 pin connector on front that is interfaced with CTT i.e. Configuration and Tuning Terminal e.g CTT01). This varient has no option to connect to Engineering Work Station(EWS) i.em. computer

2. CPM02 (It has round 5 pin connector for CTT and DB25 connector for EWS on front. This card has all the functions of CPM01)

3. CPM03 (Its has three connectors. Two connectors at front like CPM02 while one (DB09) is on component side, and it has all the functions of CPM01 and CPM02.In addition it can communicate with LAN90 Process Control View (PCV / Workstation / HMI).

So, the answer to your question, can CPM01 communicate with EWS, is NO.
In first para read Process Control Unit (PCU / Node).

We have Bailey infi 90 DCS installed with IMMFP01 controller and NCMP01 interface card. How can we retrieve the program backup and control strategies from this controller. What hardware (cards, cables, connectors etc.) and software shall be required making backup.
And its not NCMP01, it is NCPM01. Just for correction.

Back in those days Bailey usedto provide Engineering WorkStation ( Compaq 386 or 80386 based PCs) having following softwares

CAD
TEXT
LADDER
DATASHEET
TOOLKIT

If you have that EWS, you can use TEXT or TOOLKIT to monitor / save / print the configuration.

Back in those days Bailey usedto provide Engineering WorkStation ( Compaq 386 or 80386 based PCs) having following softwares

CAD
TEXT
LADDER
DATASHEET
TOOLKIT

If you have that EWS, you can use TEXT or TOOLKIT to monitor / save / print the configuration.
Shall i need to replace NCPM01 with NCPM02 or 03 for interfacing with computet?