HP laptop battery charging

Afternoon:

I am very new to this forum, so forgive me if this question is old and has already been talked to death.

Unfortunately, I let my laptop batteries run down to dead. My laptop is an HP with Windows 10 installed. I had been working with it every day for about two or three months, then I purchased a Mac. This was about two years ago.

Now I am trying to get my batteries recharged. Everything still works normal when plugged in, but no batteries available. After I updated Windows, I am now getting 255% available, plugged in.

I have searched for help on line and have tried some simple tricks or hacks, but so far no luck. I am thinking that Windows software, or the BMS, is keeping the charging circuit from operating. I read somewhere that charging sessions are counted, and that after 600 charges the circuit is disabled. ??

Any ideas are appreciated.

Bert

Bert@2020,

This is probably not the proper forum for your question. This is primarily a forum for industrial automation issues.

You would probably have more success if you used your preferred World Wide Web search engine and searched for Support forums for your make and model of PC (which you seem to be saying is a notebook or laptop PC with a battery).

You might also just search for and purchase a new battery for your PC (if it has a replaceable battery) on the World Wide Web since batteries do have a finite lifetime. Also, if you live in a place where you can find a PC repair shop they might be able to help you find or even replace the battery in your PC.

Best of luck to you!

Bert@2020,

This is probably not the proper forum for your question. This is primarily a forum for industrial automation issues.

You would probably have more success if you used your preferred World Wide Web search engine and searched for Support forums for your make and model of PC (which you seem to be saying is a notebook or laptop PC with a battery).

You might also just search for and purchase a new battery for your PC (if it has a replaceable battery) on the World since batteries do have a finite lifetime. Also, if you live in a place where you can find a PC repair shop they might be able to help you find or even replace the battery in your PC.

Best of luck to you!
Morning:

Yes, an HP laptop, my apologies. I posted in hardware/computing, but I guess this is not the proper forum for this question, as you have mentioned. No problem.

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.