InduSoft host stopped talking to ControlLogix PLC in Dresser-Rand compressor package

Recently a colleague upgraded the firmware of a ControlLogix PLC on a Dresser Rand compressor package that communicates to an InduSoft host custom built for that compressor package.
Once the upgrade was complete the host could no longer communicate to the PLC, they tried reverting to the original PLC firmware revision but the host still cannot communicate.
The driver does give an error code but it cannot be found in any of the error code help files.
The InduSoft communication driver is ABCIP and the error code is 2030.
Has anyone had experience with a custom Dresser Rand build of an InduSoft host?
Thank you.

Sounds like when you went back to the original firmware...it didn't revert back to it original state. Probably have to reload the plc with the original software. ...i.e make it exactly as it was....that's if you made a backup...and not a backup from xx months ago.
And you download it with the right version of IDE software...it gives you a choice of what version to download.....I would guess that where your problems started....you upgraded the IDE and then had to upgrade the firmware on whatever module......been there done that ...nightmare
Rockwell has a helpline...maybe you have some luck there ...I've used them three times in my life and they helped me once....so that is a bit of a hit and miss affair

Sounds like when you went back to the original firmware...it didn't revert back to it original state. Probably have to reload the plc with the original software. ...i.e make it exactly as it was....that's if you made backup...and not a back up from xx months ago
Hi Carl, thanks.
That's what they actually ended up doing, found a backup that would work with the host.
I believe they would still like to find out how to get the InduSoft host talking with the newer PLC firmware though, so it's not solved, it's just back to square one.
Regards,
Don.

if I had to guess, it's probably the Add on...check if there is a newer version. ....that would be a step in the right direction, If it's a like-for-like function then easy peasy.....also be careful that RSLINX is not somehow involved in your communication,,, sometimes there can be OPC or some other type of communication sitting outside of the main package.
.....possibly you have to deal with the other end of the wire...driver/software interface....
But at least you have your go back plan in place now

Thank you Carl and oneye14!
My colleague said Dresser Rand finally got back to them and saying there is a newer version of the ABCIP driver to use if they are going to upgrade PLC firmware.
I have shared this thread with them so they can benefit from the knowledge you shared.
Thank you very much for your prompt responses. :)

Ok glad your on the right track...like I said add on....if its like for like then ok ...easy peasy.
happy compressing
Thanks for coming back to oneye14 and myself