Install ai series (icom) with RsLogix 5

M

mulderm

I have installed RsLogix5 with RsLinx (Light version).
Now I want also install the AI series software (ICOM)
for the PLC5 on the same pc.
But the ai series used also the EVRSi.sys and 386swap.par hidden files for the license key.
Can I install these ICOM software?
Can I used the license key of RsLogix5 to make the ICOM
software working?

Greetings,
mulderm

T

Tull, Leith \(Rockwell at Alcoa\)

Yes you can install the A.I series software on the same PC
No you cannot run the A.I series software with a RSLogix activation. You will have to install the A.I series software activations, and yes it will use the EVRSI.sys file but just adds to it and does not overwrite it, so both activations will reside in the same file

Note: Depending on operating system installed u may need to tweak things to get the A.I series software to run correctly

Leith Tull

GMS Field Service Engineer
Rockwell Automation Australia Ltd.

I am not sure if the license will patch (or add) to the evrsi file. In any case, you can make both run by putting the licenses in each disks so that any of these application you want running, you just have to put the license disk into drive A.

Cheers,
Stan

S

ScienceOfficer

mulderm---

RSLogix5 and AI5 are two different products that each require its own activation. Both are frequently installed on the same machine, including the one I'm typing on now. The EVRSI (and other) files used by the activation system can accommodate hundreds of individual product activations. Just use the master disk that came with each software product to manage the activation for that product.

Hope this helps!

Larry Lawver
Rexel / Central Florida