Load Sharing Meaning?

morsy san,

If there is a load sharing module in use at your site there should be an instruction manual for it available on site, or you could get the module part number and visit the manufacturer's website to download an instruction manual.

If you still have questions, you need to tell us what the load sharing module manufacturer and part number is and we can try to answer your specific question(s).

morsy san,

If there is a load sharing module in use at your site there should be an instruction manual for it available on site, or you could get the module part number and visit the manufacturer's website to download an instruction manual.

If you still have questions, you need to tell us what the load sharing module manufacturer and part number is and we can try to answer your specific question(s).
hi
thank u for replying
i ask on general what is it used for ? when to use it? what it do ? i dont have it on site but i ask how it could help me?

morsy san,

There are many types of load sharing modules for different purposes.

For power generation applications load sharing might refer to kW or MW load sharing or reactive load sharing (usually VAr's).

The concept of load sharing is that operators should be relieved of monitoring the loads of multiple (two or more) generator-sets (generators and their prime movers) and maintaining desired loads on these genders by using automation to do the work of operators. The modules can be programmed to maintain desired load setpoints on gen-sets to achieve a desired load split (”sharing”) on the various gen-sets.

For example, a site might have three gen-sets providing power to a nearby process plant (cement plant; petro-chemical plant; refinery; etc.) AND exporting some power across a utility tie. The desired operation might be to respond to load changes in the nearby process plant (as large motors and equipment are started and stopped) while maintaining a stable export to the utility grid. Further, one of the gen-sets is a particularly efficient machine and so it is desired to keep it operating at full load as much as possible while using the other gen-sets to respond to process plant load needs and keep a stable export to the utility grid. Operators can do this, but it might mean keeping an eye on several meters at once and a hand on a mouse to change loads as necessary. (But, this interferes with reading the local newspaper or surfing the World Wide Web or eating biryani without interruption.) So, a load sharing module can be used to accomplish the desired load responses ("sharing") allowing the operators to keep up with local and current affairs, search the World Wide Web for fishing gear, and enjoy their frequent meals and snacks without the interruption of maintaining load, letting the automation do it for them.

Hope that helps! I think some manufacturers, Woodward Governor Co. being one of them, have published some case studies of different applications of their load sharing modules which might be of interest to you. I tried to find a link to one or a group of them but their website has changed since I last visited.

You asked, "...how could it help me?" What problem are you trying to solve?

morsy san,

There are many types of load sharing modules for different purposes.

For power generation applications load sharing might refer to kW or MW load sharing or reactive load sharing (usually VAr's).

The concept of load sharing is that operators should be relieved of monitoring the loads of multiple (two or more) generator-sets (generators and their prime movers) and maintaining desired loads on these genders by using automation to do the work of operators. The modules can be programmed to maintain desired load setpoints on gen-sets to achieve a desired load split (”sharing”) on the various gen-sets.

For example, a site might have three gen-sets providing power to a nearby process plant (cement plant; petro-chemical plant; refinery; etc.) AND exporting some power across a utility tie. The desired operation might be to respond to load changes in the nearby process plant (as large motors and equipment are started and stopped) while maintaining a stable export to the utility grid. Further, one of the gen-sets is a particularly efficient machine and so it is desired to keep it operating at full load as much as possible while using the other gen-sets to respond to process plant load needs and keep a stable export to the utility grid. Operators can do this, but it might mean keeping an eye on several meters at once and a hand on a mouse to change loads as necessary. (But, this interferes with reading the local newspaper or surfing the World Wide Web or eating biryani without interruption.) So, a load sharing module can be used to accomplish the desired load responses ("sharing") allowing the operators to keep up with local and current affairs, search the World Wide Web for fishing gear, and enjoy their frequent meals and snacks without the interruption of maintaining load, letting the automation do it for them.

Hope that helps! I think some manufacturers, Woodward Governor Co. being one of them, have published some case studies of different applications of their load sharing modules which might be of interest to you. I tried to find a link to one or a group of them but their website has changed since I last visited.

You asked, "...how could it help me?" What problem are you trying to solve?
thank u very much u for replying
there is no problem i just want to know more about it

FYI

Active load sharing and frequency control equalizes the power between units and maintains a stable system frequency. Reactive load sharing and bus voltage control share MVARs in proportion to the system capability to maintain a stable system voltage.

Usually, GE will provide a project description document when new equipment modifications or new software functions are implemented . This document may be called Field Modification Instructions (FMI) or Software Delivery Notice (SDN),you can ask GE PM/CPM/CFM or Control TFA provide it to you.

Attachments

'Load sharing' has many, Many, MANY different usages in power generation. The original poster asked about 'load sharing module' so I used my limited knowledge of some types of load sharing modules typically employed at power generation facilities.

Actually, my (least) favorite definition/usage of load sharing is when it's used to describe Droop Speed Control. It usually goes something like this: "Droop speed control allows multiple units to share load during a grid frequency disturbance." With little or no supporting information.