Mark V data and View2T

E

ebing

I collected data of Mark V by View2T, but it is a little difficult to analyse it before it is transferred to trend graphic. And I have seen the TA from GE have a software can do this task, but I forgot the name of it, could you tell me what is the software name and any other software can do this job?

Best Regards,

W
We use HMI Cimplicity (CIMVIEW) and OSISoft’s PI (cimview for operations and PI for review and data collection). I hope this helps.

WINPLOT.EXE is the proprietary application which many GE field engineers use to very simply and easily convert VIEWn files to graphical representation.

It's possible to import VIEWn data files into MS-Excel and select the data and use the Plotting Wizard to create graphs. It's been a very long time since I've done this, and I'm no MS-Excel expert or proponent, but you should be able to open MS-Excel, the select File-Open, open the VIEWn data file, respond to the on-screen prompts about data importation, and the file should then open in MS-Excel.

It's common to have to convert the date/time column to allow the X-axis of the plots to have user-friendly data. Again, I'm no fan of MS-Excel or spreadsheets, so I struggle with doing this every time. But, it *is* possible, and many people have done it.

Of course, you have to have MS-Excel, and you have have a means of getting the data from the operator interface to a PC which has MS-Excel on it (easier said than done, since the floppy disk drives on most <I>s seem to fail prematurely at an alarmingly high rate!).

Dear All,
Thank you for your reply.
I have tried many times about that, and the end steps are listed below:

1. Open the *.out data file which is created by View2 or other view* with Wordpad.

2. Delete other unnecessary datas like as tagname,and so on. Never delete Date and time.

3. And than type the each tagname orderly on first line and seperated by comma in order to displayed on Winplot.

4.Save as CSV file.

5.Opened it with Winplot, select COMMA, TABULATION and SPACE in Seperator during import data.

That is what I Do! And Winplot does well.

Ebing

I think this is an application with the same name, but not the same application being discussed here.

The Winplot being discussed could open a VIEWn output file without any prior editing. That's one of the really nice things about it--no modification or editing required.