Mark-V LCC display" Bad Agent Id "

E

Elvin Aponte

We have a Mark-V simplex for our Gas Turbine(8). In a power failure in one unit the SDCC board in core R failed. I want to replace it with the SDCC in the core D. I install the SDCC in core R and boot to A5 with the id D. I went to the LCC display on Core R to change the ID to R. But when I press enter the LCC display shows a message "Bad Agent Id". I reboot the processor but still in A5 a ID D. I used some SDCC from other units, the sdcc in core D, and is the same thing. If I used a SDCC from other unit that was on core R the unit working.

It's not possible to take a working <B> SDCC and substitute it for a working <Q> SDCC. (<B> means either <C> or <D>; <Q> stands for <R> in a SIMPLEX panel, or <R>, <S> and <T> in a TMR panel.) The PROMsets are not compatible. If you want to take the SDCC from <D> you will need to remove the PROMs from the <D> card and then remove the same proms from the <R> card and substitute the <R> PROMs on the <D> card. You will still have to define the Stage Link ID and Voter ID for the new <R>.

You proved that a <D> SDCC can't be directly substituted for an <R> SDCC when you used an <R> SDCC from another panel in <R>.

Again, the PROMsets for <B> and <Q> SDCC cards are not the same.

Hope this helps!

Elvin Aponte,

It would seem we don't have all the information.

The only cause I've ever seen for a 'Bad Agent ID' error message is the wrong PROMsets on SDCC.

Did you check all of the hardware (Berg) jumpers on the SDCCs to make sure the <D> you put in <R> had all the jumpers set to match the old card from <R>?

The only other thing I could think of would be to exchange the EEPROM from the old <R> SDCC to the new SDCC you put in <R> from <D>. I believe the EEPROM chip is in socket U9, but I don't have any documentation at this writing to confirm that recollection. The EEPROM chip is unlabeled (that is, it does NOT have a printed white label stuck to it), and it is a removable chip.

My estimation is that the Agent ID is stored on the EEPROM chip, and until that EEPROM can be exchanged or formatted as a <Q> EEPROM it can't be changed to a <Q> EEPROM.

Other than that, without knowing more about exactly what was changed and it's not possible to provide any further help.