Modbus Folder zip files

H

Henry Rahman

Hi,

I am using XBTL1000 software ver3.7 to create HMI display pages for my Momentum (171 ccs 760 PLC) Ladder logic program.

The sub Folder xbtmodb have more sub folders, and these zip folder such as set001 when folder unzip the files 1- 134 have XDF extension. I want to know what is the use of these files, and how can you open them. are there some tutorial examples in the main program directory that can be used for exercise purpose?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
Henry Rahman

Hi, Henry,

I'm Jen, i am in big problem. i want to interface two pic controllers (pic16f877) by using modbus protocol.

but i dont know how to write programs and how to use this protocol. i want help. or suggest me the name of person through whom i get proper information.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
JEN james

The files in the xbtmodb subdirectory are the protocol files for the Magelis HMI. When you originally installed XBTL1000 software the installation wizard asked you which drivers you wanted to install - the default are Modbus and Unitelway.

During development of a Magelis HMI application you choose which protocol the HMI is going to use to communicate with the PLC. If you choose Modbus then the files in the xbtmodb directory are transferred to the HMI.

You cannot use the files for any other purpose.