Motor Speed Increased After Replacing PLC CPU

J

jeffchye

Recently, I help my customer's handler replace a PLC CPU which is Omron CS1H-CPU67. But there are three axis (servo motor) suddenly have the speed increase very much while some of the axis remain normal.
All the motors are control by the Omron NC413 unit.

I have no idea since I replace with the exact model of CPU, exact firmware revision and download it with the exactly same program.

Your help and idea are truly appreciate. Thanks.

C

Curt Wuollet

I'm not that familiar with Omron, but is it possible that there is some analog scaling or the like that is a setup issue and not transferred with the program? That would be the first place I would check anyway.

Regards
cww

P

PLC Engineer

Check the clock cycle frequency. if it has changed or not.

Normal effects would be effected overall except when signalling is controlled using timers or feedback.

normal servos are controlled through pulsing. so the pulse rate may effect.

Hi,

> Just out of curiosity, why was the decision made to replace the CPU in the first place?

They change it from CPU65H to CPU67H due to there are some add-on feature which need more memory space. But the motion sides are all existing before and remain.

Hi CWW,

Me myself also not an expert to PLC but I've select "transfer all" when transferring the program and settings to the new PLC.

> I'm not that familiar with Omron, but is it possible that there is some analog scaling or the like that is a setup
> issue and not transferred with the program? That would be the first place I would check anyway.

C

Curt Wuollet

And I've had details that had to be set up manually no matter what you select. I don't think that was an Omron, but it might have been. Obviously, something didn't come across like we would wish. I recall many surprises of that sort messing with PLCs, to the point that I would clear my schedule for the day before doing something like that:^). You'll just have to examine every relevant detail till you find it.

That does sound like something that Omron Support might help with, but I would be loathe to call them also.

Regards
cww