Moving values into registers with Modicon 984 PLC

A

Anonymous

I know it is really basic but have spent ages looking at how to do it!! I am using the Graysoft programming software GS984 (which is out of the ark)

For example in Mitsibushi you just put the following in ladder MOV K5 D0 with a contact to drive it.

What is the equivalent with GS984

Help please!!!

What exactly are you trying to do? The simplest way to move bits/words in 984 Ladder Logic is through the BlockMove Instruction (BLKM). There are more customized/advanced instructions that exists in specific PLC platforms. If you are more specific we can tell you which one fits best.

The equivalent would be the BLKM (Block Move instruction). That allows you to copy one register to another. But the way we always moved a number (like your K constant) into a register was a math instruction, like ADD.

ADD #0 #5 40001 will put the number 5 in address 40001.

Hope this helps.

CK

Y

Yosef Feigenbaum

The standard way to do this with a 984 is using a SUB instruction. The value you want in the destination register is in the top node, the middle node is set to 0 and the bottom node has the register address.

If you want to move data to multiple registers based on the same condition just short the 3 output legs of each SUB instruction together and add another SUB.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)
[email protected]

J
Hello
The current software for the 984 is Proworx32.

To load a value into a register, use a SUB or ADD block with zero as the middle term.
To copy a value from one register to another, use a SUB or BLKM block.

Jamie
[email protected]

Use a SUB subtraction block. Put the constant in the top of the block, zero in the center, and the destination register in the bottom.

Are you trying to move a constant to a register? If so, use the SUB block. Top node contains the constant, middle is zero (0) and bottom is the destination. Use BLKM to move from one register (or range of them) to another.

The functions do not require contacts to drive them (just run them straight to the left-hand power rail).

RAH

D
As mentioned, the BLKM function will work however comparing to Mits the BLKM function is the same as a [BMOV].i.e.

[BMOV D10 D20 K5] = BLKM 40010 40020 5

If you want to move a single literal (hardcode) into a 4x register, you can use the SUB function (as per your example [MOV K5 D0]).i.e.

[MOV K5 DO] = SUB #0005 #0000 40001

Modicon older ladder logic does not have a move block, and you simple use an add block with a value of zero in the second register. Note that the newer software is not this way.

S

Scott Henson

You can use the ADD or AD16 instructions to load a constant into a Holding Register. Load the constant you desire in the top value and a zero in the middle value. When you trigger the ADD the constant will show up in the sum register.