Multiple SCADA Communication with single S7 300 on MPI

H

Hassan Tariq

We want to use our SCADA application to communicate with S7-300 CPU 315-2DP which has two ports

1) DP Port -This is being used to communicate with another Yokogawa Controller.

2) MPI - This is being used to communicate with Siemens OP7.

Now we want to communicate with this S7 PLC without disturbing the existing structure.I don't want to do anything with DP port as it was configured after so much difficulty.I was wondering if we have any option to use the MPI port for multiple SCADA application.If anyone has the solution please let me know.

Waiting for your Kind response.
Regards,
Hassan Tariq

R

Randy Jakosalem

Dear Friend,

If you don't want to disturbed your existing setup for communications with MPI and DP on your S7 system, then you can add "CP342" profibus module to your existing S7 PLC slot and have another branch which you can use for communications with either another HMI or with another PLC. Hope this would answer your query.

rtjako

H

Hassan Tariq

Dear Randy,

Thanks for the solution. But beside that Do we have the option to extend the MPI cable to use it with another SCADA.

Thanks.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq

R

Randy Jakosalem

Dear Hassan,

I thought you do not want to touch the existing. but anyway Yes, you do have and yes you can extend the MPI the same thing you can do on the DP you can also do in MPI though with limited length, but I suppose your extension would not extend to 300 meters ? The connection would be multidrop and as long as you would have unique addresses to every HMI terminal you are fine....

regards,
randy