Old Siemens Controller

B

Brian Cervi

I have a customer who has a very old Siemens Controller installed in his plant. As far as we can determine, it is a Multi Mikrocomputer System HMC Z16.

Need information on programming this unit. Is it possible to still obtain software to extract the program from the device?

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Hi All

Are you sure that this very old controller is not an MMC216, where as you have already observed, MMC stands for multi micro computer.

I doubt that you are going to have much success searching for technical info on the Siemens web site on this one, I would recommend that you call your nearest branch of Siemens and ask them to put you in contact with a sales or commissioning engineer probably from Erlangen in Germany. If you are not successful, I could probably find someone to help you and to this effect you may contact me directly.

If you are expecting to get a nice printout in ladder diagram of the process logic from this machine, I suggest you start to prepare mentally for the exact opposite now already, this machine is somewhat more than a simple PLC.

Regards
Donald Pittendrigh
(donaldp(AT)iasicc.co.za)