Problem in Mark V card P

Hello
We have power generator work with mark V and now we have problem in P module exactely in DS200 PTBA G1ABC and we want change it but we found in our store DS200 PTBA G1BBA
The question is. The new card fit with theold one without any probelms ?

Mark,

Unless there are CTs (Current Transformers) connected to the existing PTBA card (the I/O terminal board on the <P> core), OR there are terminals for CTs on either the existing PTBA or the new PTBA (it's an extra set of regular screw terminals--in addition to the small, high-density Phoenix terminals along the bottom of the PTBA card), I would say it will be fine to replace the G1ABC card with the G1BBA card. The general rule is: You shouldn't replace a G1BBA card with a G1ABC card--it may not be "backwards compatible."

Look the two cards over very well, and note any major differences (you will probably not see and major differences; most differences will be newer individual components, possibly from different manufacturers, and probably some enhanced tracing in the intermediate layers; things like that which won't be immediately obvious).

IF there are, indeed, CT circuits connected to the PTBA card--BE SURE to insert/use the shorting bars on the CT circuits BEFORE the PTBA wiring! There can be big ARCING and SPARKING and someone could get seriously injured if you don't. And, don't forget to remove the shorting bars AFTER reconnecting the CT wires to the newly-installed PTBA.

Finally, be sure to power down the three protective cards, <X>, <Y> & <Z> as well as unplugging the J7W cable in the <PD> core BEFORE removing the ribbon cables and determinating the field wires from the existing PTBA. And, check all the field wires terminated on the PTBA (other than the speed pick-up inputs) for DC and AC voltages, between terminal pairs and each terminal to ground, also, before determinating any field wiring. There are multiple "sources" of voltage to the <P> core and ultimately to and through the PTBA.

Powering-down the three protective processor will remove the 335 VDC power for the flame detector circuits--which HURTS if one gets shocked by it! If I remember correctly, the J7W cable is connected to the TCTG card, which powers the fuel stop valve solenoid circuits. (You can verify this by looking at the Signal Flow Diagrams in the Mark V Application Manual, GEH-6195, Appendix D, I believe.)

Please write back to let us know how you fare!!!

hello everyone
unfortunately we can't replace the card , one of the nape won't fit with card ( the space between pin greater then the old card )
now i think we find a new card with same serial number in other facility , so we wait for it

I have seen the printed circuit card ribbon connector receptacle pins severely bent, but I have NEVER seen a ribbon connector receptacle with different spacing between the pins. There just aren't that many connector receptacles on the PTBA, and the majority of them are for higher current circuits (trip solenoids; etc.). Even the flame detector circuitry is mostly low current (even though it is 335 VDC). I would really like to see pictures of the difference in the ribbon cable connector and receptacles. NOTE: It's possible to attach .png or .jpg files (photo files) to replies/posts!!!

This just smells very fishy.

Hello
We have power generator work with mark V and now we have problem in P module exactely in DS200 PTBA G1ABC and we want change it but we found in our store DS200 PTBA G1BBA
The question is. The new card fit with theold one without any probelms ?
Hello All

@Mark I advise you to read at the folllowing notes ( from a Vendor website):

DS200PTBAG1B

View attachment 1633056210642.jpeg

SKU DS200PTBAG1B Categories GE, MARK 5

Description

DS200PTBAG1B (GE Termination Board) features two terminal blocks, with 72 signal wires each, terminal posts for 6 signal wires, and contains three 10-pin connectors. JJR, JJT and JJS are the ID’s for the 10-pin connectors.
DS200PTBAG1B (LCI) is designed to process 7 different termination signals. DS200PTBAG1B (LCI) has over speed magnetic pickups, DS200PTBAG1B has flame detectors, DS200PTBAG1B has bus volts, DS200PTBAG1B has generator volts and current, DS200PTBAG1B has synchronizing, DS200PTBAG1B has protective inputs, and DS200PTBAG1B has alarm horn enable and disable hardware jumper location as termination signals.
The next steps should only be done if the power is removed from the drive – be sure to have a narrow flat blade screwdriver to remove a signal wire from a terminal on a terminal block.
After the power is removed, to detect the presence of power in the drive, use a tester. The components in the drive, like capacitors, hold power during normal drive operations. After waiting 30 seconds, you will notice the power in the components exit the drive. To avoid shock, before testing any components, use a tester.
Using the terminal block ID and terminal numerical ID, locate the signal wire you want to remove. With a narrow screwdriver, loosen the terminal retention screw and pull the wire from the terminal. Be sure to mark the terminal ID the signal wire is connected to! In order to connect the signal wire, insert it into the terminal and tighten the terminal retention screw.
DS200PTBAG1B has bus volts, DS200PTBAG1B also has generator volts and current.
The termination board, DS200PTBAG1B (LCI), is for the independent protective module core.

Additional Information

Ad you can read the revisions are listed hereabove for this card...

I dont have a track on the DS200 PTBA G1ABC BUT ONLY DS200 PTBA G1A 1 & DS200 PTBA G1B & DS200 PTBA G2A (separately)

I am sure that can highlight you on what you looking for!

Any time!

James

I have seen the printed circuit card ribbon connector receptacle pins severely bent, but I have NEVER seen a ribbon connector receptacle with different spacing between the pins. There just aren't that many connector receptacles on the PTBA, and the majority of them are for higher current circuits (trip solenoids; etc.). Even the flame detector circuitry is mostly low current (even though it is 335 VDC). I would really like to see pictures of the difference in the ribbon cable connector and receptacles. NOTE: It's possible to attach .png or .jpg files (photo files) to replies/posts!!!

This just smells very fishy.
CSA GLENMORANGIE MARK and all,

I attach on this thread a photo of the designated card....

Stay blessed !

James

I finally foud a track on that DS200PTBAG1BBA but it doesnt have any link or common revisions to DS200PTBAG1ABC
i dont know can you confirm on the last one ...there is no track of it anywhere...