Problems logging Tags Into Wonderware's INSQL Server

W

Wavelet81

I'm currently running multiple intouch 9.0 applications using Wonderware's Terminal Services inside my plant... I'm also logging the information from these applications up into our Wonderware's Industrial SQL server as our plant Historian...

But, every so often I seem to have problems with one imported application to INSQL... It's data will log values up into the INSQL server just fine for about a year and then one day a single application will just stop logging. The values its suppost to be recording are just dropped and I left with a bunch of "null" values.

When I view the tags with activefactory, I can only see data for the last half hour... Meaning, that the data seems to make it into the run-time database but not the Historical database on INSQL...

The quality value of the data seems to be changing as well... The runtime data for the tags in question start out as (192) and then seem to get converted to (150) when they hit the historical database..

I tried to re-import the tags to correct the matter but it had no effect...
I called wonderware and they suggest that change the Communications from "suitlink" to "DDE" and then back again to re-initalize the connection..
This didn't work either...

The only way I could correct the matter was to delete all the tags in the malfuctioning application, along with all the IDAS drivers... Then, re-import the application.

My main concern is thattheir is still no indication on INSQL that anything has gone wrong with the logging of the tags... Last time this happened, I lost about a months worth of data! That's unacceptable!

Has anyone else seen this happen before? Do you have any suggestion on how I can prevent this from happening? Does anyone have an Idea of what the problem is?

Any theories or insight would be appreciated...

thanks

Our company uses Norton AV, and whenever someone on my network performs (remotely)an update of the AV definition files on my HMI running Wonderware, all of my data logging stops a couple of minutes later. I can see this in the "event viewer" on the PC.