Radio communication status

Hai All,
How to get the radio communication status via serial port. We planned to indicate the status of communication as a digital in Wonderware. Kindly guide me. For example, In GE radio the pin 6(DSR) - Alarm output What does it mean, and what it's the purpose? If it is possible to take the status through this pin. I attached the image file for your reference of the GE radio pin description.

Attachments

Thanks for your response. But I need to take the input from the serial port of the radio without using any add ons.

Hai All,
How to get the radio communication status via serial port. We planned to indicate the status of communication as a digital in Wonderware. Kindly guide me. For example, In GE radio the pin 6(DSR) - Alarm output What does it mean, and what it's the purpose? If it is possible to take the status through this pin. I attached the image file for your reference of the GE radio pin description.
If this is using key on data, you should only need to use pins tx,rx,gnd

Hi All,
We are in the need of technical support regarding Serial to Ethernet converter (USR-TCP232-410s). Here we used Modsim and Modscan for Data Sending and Data Monitoring.
Here I explain what we have done.

1. We have connected the Serial port of the converter in one pc. In that pc we are sending the data by using modsim. The Ethernet port of the converter is connected to other pc. In that pc we are monitoring the data by using modscan. In this we are receiving the output.

2.But when we are the implementing the same process vice versa (i.e.,) We have connected the ethernet port of the converter in one pc. In that pc we are sending the data by using modsim. The Serial port of the converter is connected to other pc. In that pc we are monitoring the data by using modscan. For this condition, its not working.

Herewith I have attached the configuration image for the USR_TCP232 converter settings.

Kindly provide the support.

Attachments

Is there a radio between these converters and if so what model and is it cell? Are you seeing data received but with errors? I know these two applications use different starting addresses which always messes me up. When you say vise Vera, are referring to a change in direction, i.e you switch PCs your polling from?

Thank you for your response.

Yes we have used the Satel radio in between these two converters. Actually we are getting the data from Serial to Ethernet by using the converter USR-TCP232. But we are sending from Ethernet to serial the data didnot recieved.

Kindly clarify if the module USR-TCP232-410s supports both serial to ethernet and ethernet to serial conversion.

Please find the attached image for the status of Modscan and Modsim.

Many thanks,
Saru

Attachments

You need to change the configuration of the USR-TCP232-410s when you swap the connections. Specifically, you need to change the Work Mode setting between TCP Client and TCP Server.

When the Ethernet side is connected to ModSim (which is a server), the Work Mode of the USR-TCP232-410s should be set to TCP Client.

When the Ethernet side is connected to ModScan (which is a client), the Work Mode of the USR-TCP232-410s should be set to TCP Server.

Also make sure you're using TCP port 502 in both cases, which is the default Modbus TCP port.

Hi Sir,

Thank you for the support. Now its working the two way communication is done between serial and ethernet. Actually how to configure the two IP in one converter.

Here I explained the setup what we have done. Two plc's ethernet port are connected in hub. The ethernet port from hub is connected to ethernet port of the converter. How to do the USR-TCP232-410s parameter settings for the configuration of both ip's.

The Ethernet side is connected to ModSim, the Work Mode of the USR-TCP232-410s set to TCP Client.
Remote server address - We provided the PLC1 IP.(192.168.0.205)
Port - 502
Condition is working for the above mentioned setup.

For PLC1 - 192.168.0.205 and PLC2 - 192.168.0.207

We need to do the same for both plc. How to do the parameter settings for the Two Plc. Our scope is to get the value from both PLC via Converter (USR-TCP232-410s).

I have attached the image file for the one ips configuration.

Attachments

It doesn't appear that the USR-TCP232-410s is capable of communicating to more than 1 device as a TCP client.

Can your PLC's be configured to be the Modbus TCP client? Of course, the USR-TCP232-410s would then need to be configured as a TCP server. While this may work, it's possible that the USR-TCP232-410s only supports one client connection when configured as a TCP server and would therefore reject the second PLC's connection requests. You may need to just try it.