rslogix 5000 8th edition too old can't open an offline copy of the program because of error message "source not available"

having a copy of a uploaded program in my personel laptop,and when i tried to open it with rslogix 5000 8th edition a message error diplays down "source not available".
as you know im beginner at automation .after research and investigation i realised that this program is protected with a tool called "cpu logix protection tool" and for later editions this application is integrated on the system tools,
is there a way or any chance for me to open this program somehow
i must mention that this tool doesnt work dont know why and a picture of the tool is attache to this topic

Attachments

The Ladder was protected so you need the source copy or the password that it was locked with to be able to open it.
V8 is really old so Ia m assuming that the Password is not obtainable from the original manufacturer.
You may try calling AB and see if they will help , but they can be very unhelpful when they want to be.
I think the older versions of RS5000 are able to be cracked, I was able to get some code from a protected PLC once but honestly cannot recall how. I googled searched fro information on how to get the code and was able to see what I needed after a bit of work. I think I had to export the project and work the the L5X file but that is about all I recall.

I will try to go for same as your steps, i guess my problem is how to get that cpu protection tool working first, because as picture #2 shows that neither secure nor unsecure is working, even if i get the password of the protection, i can do nothing with it

hey sir;
i must mention that i have a file called SK.DAT
most forums they talk about it
i will be glad if someone explain to me what this file is? how to use it to open the decrypted program ?
thanks in advance