udc controller 3000

G

g lyftogt

I am having trouble with a paint oven input.

The chart temp increases if I force the flame throttle open. Once the temp reaches about 120 the controller sends a full signal to oven controller and throttle opens until setpoint is reached then
throttles down and works fine until oven is shut off. The thermocouple i have has no numbers. it is about 2 ft tall. how do i get the controller 2 read ambient temp then send an output to my oven.

I bench tested a 3200 and it started at 13 but gave a full output.

[email protected]

> Once the temp reaches about 120 the controller sends a full signal to oven controller and throttle opens until setpoint is reached. Then throttles down and works fine until oven is shut off. <

This is a different controller than the UDC?

> The thermocouple I have has no numbers. it is about 2 ft tall. <

Look on the Omega web site for thermocouple color code information and decode which thermocouple your oven is using. If that's impossible, buy a new thermocouple, they are not expensive. You must know what type T/C you are dealing with.

> how do i get the controller to read ambient temp then send an output to my oven. <

To get the UDC to read ambient temperature, put a paper clip across its thermocouple input terminals. Why you would want to read ambient temperature when you are trying to control oven temperature is beyond me.

If you want to control oven temperature, establish what kind of thermocouple you are dealing with, configure the UDC for that type thermocouple, reverse action, PB, reset in minutes and then tune the controller.

If it's an electric oven, try 5% PB, 10 minute reset.
If it's a gas oven, try 25% PB, 1 minute reset.