VB Integrate into SolidEdge?

S

Shirley

Hi.

I have written a program using VB6.0 and i need to
integrate into SolidEdge. From my understanding, SolidEdge allows Add-Ins. However, the add-in must be in the form of ActiveX Dll. I do not how to write my program in VB so that it can be linked to SolidEdge. How do i go about doing so that i can call my program while using SolidEdge?

Please help with my problem. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Shirley

When you first create a 'New' VB project, you're asked to select the type of project that you want to create. 'ActiveX dll' is one of those options.

Depending on which version of VB 6.0 you are running you may not have the capability to create an ActiveX dll.

Note that you'll have to create a test application that references your new ActiveX dll, only an 'exe' can run on it's own.

Also, if you're building a visual control and SolidEdge is an ActiveX Container you can also create an 'ActiveX Control'.

Good luck!
sritchie

first step u have been installing solid edge and VB 6.
next ...running solidedge then find help file (sdk file)
by that file u can learn how programming solidedge. need more help...? email me.

S

Somesh Bhalerao

Is anybody knows that how to use ActiveX control of Solid Edge in VB. Spacially SEListCtrlX which is the grid control with hierarchical.

Please Send me reply. It is very urgent.

Thanks in advanced.

Somesh Bhalerao