wincc tag problem

D

donald

Hi All
I really appreciate your help and reply. I am new
comer in wincc but I work with siemens s5 plcs and I want to have information and experience in wincc. I have one wincc program, this wincc program work correctly in plant and there are 2 connection (S5 PROFIBUS FMS, S5 PROFIBUS FDL ) and internal tags under tag management.
more of graphic pages refer to internal tags and a few objects in pages refer to external tags .
more of tags have same name e.g.  internal TAG :
AIT_5011
BUS CONNECTION 1: AIT_5011_1 BUS
CONNECTION 2:AIT_5011_2
I think that because wincc is connected to S5 155  H 
REDUNDANT via two bus connection then must external tags take value from plc and then put to internal tags
For objects which refer to internal tags, but I don't know this matter.
Could you please help me, how can I find subject
mentioned above and things related to them ?
e.g. if AIC_5011_2 take value from plc weather other tags 'AIC_5011 intrnal tag , AIC_5011_1 EXT BUS 1 TAG ' take value same AIC_5011_2 ?
If there is any other points about subject, I will really appreciate it to know.
Best regards
[email protected]

Do the folks at Siemens have any Technical Support for this product? I am always amazed at how many posts there are in here for help with Wincc.

Is this package that hard to use/bad. Why must we seek solutions from our peers rather than call the company?

Sorry -- not an answer to your questions. Just a little frustrated with Siemens lack of support.

go to www4.ad.siemens.de type your question in this is a good troubleshooting web site or call tech support @ 1-423-461-2414.