York Chillers and Modbus

D

dogleg43

Have an existing application where an AB PLC-5 with a ProSoft 3100MCM Modbus Communications Module is talking to a York Chiller.

I need some help with the definitions of abbreviations found in a York memory map table:
"ENG PAGE REF" (has #'s like P03, P04, etc.)
"GPIC OBJECT TYPE" (AV.1, AI.6, BO.6, BI.2) What does GPIC mean?
"ADDRESS" (what doe ADF 1, ADF2, BD 1 BD 2, etc. mean?)

I know I'll need to contact York soon but would like to get a little more background knowledge first.

D

Daniel Chartier

<p>Hello;

<p>We use Modbus with york chillers (MVI56-MCM from Prosoft); we have learned not to bother with the york columns that do not matter to our projects (we have enough to do in any case). But the elements you are mentioning refer to York's proprietary YorkTalk protocol.

<p>For example (from a York microgateway manual):
<pre>
Page No: Type of Point Direction of Data flow
3to 6 Analog Inputs to the Chiller
6to 10 Binary Inputs to the Chiller
11 to 35 Analog Outputs from the chiller
36 to 55 Binary Outputs from the chiller
56 to 65 Analog (Codes)Outputs from the chiller
66 to 79 Analog Outputs from the chiller
80 to 84 Binary Outputs from the chiller

Object type look like:
AI= analog input
AO= analog output
BO= binary output
BI= binary input
(Note: I have no idea what GPIC means.)
</pre>
<p>I know this doen't clear up everything; if you really need to know about the protocol elements, by all means contact York.

<p>Hope this helps,<br>
Daniel Chartier

Hello;

I have a chiller which is running chilled water flow rate at 1028 gpm with 10 deg.F difference.

What would be the cooling water flow rate need for a delta of 12 deg.F i.e. 95 & 83 deg.F?

Please advise.

BR, CH Ong

S
You will transfer the same heat load with a flow of 857 GPM at 12 degree delta T, if that's what you're asking.
--
Steve Myres, PE
Automation Solutions
(480) 813-1145