AB panelview security

H

howard

I have a AB 5/05 possessor attached to a panelview 600. I will be trying to lockout my panelview with a key switch is this possible without rebuilding the code in the PLC.

B

bob peterson

I don't believe a standard Panelview has this capability. I think some older ones did.

It's not real hard to implement some form of security in a panelview/plc combination but I think you might have to make some minor tweaks to one or both depending on how you plan to do it.

The panelview plus security system is convoluted, confusing, unnecessarily complex, poorly documented, and can be painful depending on how you configure it. It is possible to configure it so it works in a simpler mode, but it's not always easy to figure out how to get to that point.

The older panelviews had a simple, easy to use, and highly effective password based security system. The key being simple and easy to use.

You might guess I do not think very highly of the PV+ security system. It's great if you need a convoluted, complex, and difficult to set up security system, but very few people really need or want that.

--
Bob

T

Trevor Ousey

Hi,

To setup security you will need to make changes to the panelview program. You don't mention if it is a PVplus or standard PV, and what sort of lockout you are after. There is no input on the panelview for a key switch. The easiest way would be wire in a key switch to the PLC input, and then use this to use visibility on objects on the screen.

Regards,
Trevor Ousey